I don't cry, I pour

Friday November 11, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

It gets dark when we reach the Cunningham floors.

That is the best time to view the house if one asks me. It gives the house an illuminated mysterious glow. Especially if the garden lights are on.

Dimitri stops in front of the house, and I step out into the wet snow.

I look down as my feet get wet. How lovely.

'Woah.' Emma says once again as she steps out.

Then she also looks at the snow, and then at me.

'Run.' I speak.

We run towards the house and step on the porch.

I giggle and try to get the left-over snow of my boots.

'This is a beautiful house.' She says as she looks at it.

I smile and look at the house as well, 'It truly is.' How lucky I am to have a mate with good taste. One thing not to worry about.

I open the door with the key Killian gave me last weekend.

Deep inside me I feel that Killian isn't present in the house. The warmth and spirit of the house is gone.

I feel sad that he couldn't be here to hug and kiss me a welcome back.

I tell Emma where to hang her coat and after I show her the guest room down the hall on the ground floor.

I place her suitcases in the small walking-in-closet.

She smiles happily, 'This room is perfect.'

That it is. The room is small and is next to the game room. It is a white room, with cream-colored walls and white furniture.

Her sniffs caught my attention.

She points around her, 'Why does everything smell like you?'

I am confused for a moment, then I remember.

'Oh Yeah. That are the Vanilla scent sticks. They are placed over the entire house.'

She smiles with a sweet smile and places a hand on her heart, 'Ahw. That is so sweet. It smells delicious.'

I laugh, 'Thank you.'

She sits on the bed, 'It feels good,' she looks at me, 'Did you sleep here?'

I shake my head, 'No I never did.'

She frowns, 'Why not?'

I walk towards her, 'Have a mate and then you will understand. Every inch apart feels like an inch too much. Trust me, sleeping in different beds is horror to the soul.'

The bond is something someone with no mate can never fully understand. I also believe there to be nothing as strong.

She nods.

'You go settle in. I will get us something to drink.' I stand up and walk out of the room towards the kitchen.

The house really does feel empty without Killian.

I open the cabin with the glasses and notice a note leaning against a glass.

I take it in my hand and read it out loud, 'Back around six. You and your friend be ready and dressed. We go out for dinner.'