When the truth is unraveled

Monday October 31, 2022

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

'Hey.' Killian says as he takes my hands away.

I didn't hear him step in.

He takes me in his arms as he hugs me.

Breathing in his calming scent.

How did this happen? Why did this happen? How do we fix this?

All these questions.

I know that from this moment forward, nothing will ever be the same again. That is a wrong statement. Everything changed when I met Killian.

My life is a different life and I must except that.

I look up, and see that Killian looks forwards with a frown on his face.

The car makes its way into the busy traffic.

I sigh, 'I have to tell my parents.'

Killian tenses, 'That's what I thought.'

I nod and kiss his jaw, 'I tell them tonight.'

He stokes my back, 'That's good. But I leave tonight. I wasn't able to reschedule the meeting, so I still have to go. If your parents want to meet me, they have to wait a week till I get back.'

I nod.

I don't want him to leave. This day has been so stressful, and he is the only person that makes me feel calm and safe. When he's with me, I feel like noting can happen to me. And when he's gone, I lose that. He is my rock.

Then I realize that I can't be this selfish. Killian runs an imperium. This is his duty. So, as his mate, I need to suck it up and be strong. Not just for me, but for Killian. That is my duty.

We reach van der Valk and the car parks.

Killian practically jumps out as soon as the car stops. He carries me out and we walk hand in hand towards the entrance.

The bodyguards, including Dimitri follow us.

When we are inside Killian turns around facing the man, 'Wait here. But be ready. I call you in when I need you.'

With that he turns around and drags me towards the elevator.

His hasty behavior scares me a bit.

What has gotten into him?

Killian presses the elevator buttons, and soon the doors close.

We reach our floor. And the door isn't even fully open yet as Killian drags me along with him.

'Killian not so fast.'

He doesn't listen and keeps walking.

He opens the door of the room with force, and pushes me in.

The minute I find my balance back and look at Killian, he walks towards me with big strides.

Before I can comprehend what he's doing, he starts pulling at my blazer. Ripping it off. My shirt is next. Leaving me in my black bra.

I am shocked and scared.

Is step back, 'Killian stop.'

He doesn't listen and takes of his own shirt, standing before me with bare chest.