When hope blooms

Sunday October 9, 2022:

Killian POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

I sit behind my desk in my house in England.

Every mile away from her feels like a mile too much and it's only been a day.

My Lycan is being frantic. My heart beats like it could burst out of my chest at any second.

Once again, I pour down a glass of scotch at ones. So that has been two, no tree bottles.

I haven't drunk like that since my teenage years.

I pull at my hair in frustration.

Where is that background check? I mean how long does it take to write down all the private information on one girl?

I groan and lean back in my chair.

My body is still restless. I need a distraction.

Maybe it's time? They need to know eventually.

I open my laptop and video-call my dad.

After two seconds the screen lights up, and my dad's still young-looking face appears on the screen.

'Hey son why..... are you drunk?' I hear the judgement in his voice.

It's not like I'm trying to hide it. My hair is a mess. I'm only wearing a white shirt with sweatpants, and I have a glass in my hand.

I grin, 'Only a little.'

He laughs. 'Yeah, I can see that. Where can I help you with son?'

I start to feel uncomfortable. Questioning everything.

This wasn't the right idea. What if they don't like Esmee?

They're going to like Esmee... Because, what's not to like?

Okay here it goes, 'I found my erasthai.' I look intense at the screen waiting for my father's reaction. But he doesn't say anything.

'Ruby?' He ask.

I roll my eyes in annoyance, 'No. Not Ruby.'

Suddenly I hear a loud squeak. 'He found her!' My mom appears on the background. 'Killian why haven't you said anything sooner? And why do you look like you've been run over by a thousand trucks and then garbage has been tossed all over you.'

My mom really doesn't know how to shut it.

'Son, meeting your erasthai is the most beautiful thing in this world. It's life changing really, so why aren't you more happy?' My father speaks up.

I sigh and put my hands in front of my eyes. 'It's bad dad. I couldn't do this to her. I couldn't mark her. I couldn't take her.'

'Why not honey.' My mom's soft voice rings through my ears.

My hands leaves my head only to pour down another drink. 'She's human.' I sit quietly.

This is it. The moment of the truth.

It's all or nothing.

My father is the first one to break the silence, 'That is inconvenient. But it happened before, it still doesn't explain why you didn't take her as your own. We know everything about erasthai's. They will be upset at first, but they will grow to love us.'