Blood is beauty

Monday November 14, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

Emma and I step out of the car. We slept in the bed on the plane and went straight from the airport to my school.

I changed into a flowy dress with leggings and heels under it. And Emma wears a blue sweater.

I say goodbye to Dimitri as we walk towards the entrance of school.

Emma takes me in her arms and gives me a hug the second we step into the school.

'Thank you for the weekend. And I am so sorry if I ruined it for you and Killian. It was never my intention to do so.'

I squeeze her and step back, 'I know you didn't. And you are so forgiven.'

She smiles shyly and looks down, 'I will see you at lunch break?'

I nod and turn around.

I walk up three stairs and walk into my German classroom.

Maddy sits all the way in the back, and I decide to sit next to her.

I am curious to know if she is one of the people that despises me for the change in my behavior.

And if she doesn't, then she must know who does.

I turn away from her and grab my MacBook.

When I place my notes on the table, I notice that Maddy looks at me with a sceptic look.

I turn to her and frown, 'What is it?'

'I can ask you the same thing.' She fires back. Her answer makes me frown all the more.

'What do you....' I stop talking when the teacher walks in, telling us to shut it.

I sigh and turn my attention towards the teacher.

After a ten-minute explanation on the new test methods, we are commanded to learn our words for the test.

I take the paper file out of my back and start learning the three hundred and fifty words. Luckily, I already know half of them.

After another ten minutes, Maddy pats me on the shoulder.

I avert my gaze from the paper towards her.

'Yes.' I answer.

'Seriously. Why are you so distant?' She asks me with a worried look.

I look around to check if anyone is listening to our conversation. They are not.

I come closer, 'Emma told me that you all thought I have changed. And not for the better. That you found me to be an arrogant person, who looks down on people. Is that true?' I ask her.

She looks down with a guilty face as her eyelashes flutter faster than a hummingbird his wings do.

'I never said that. But the others...'

'Who are the others?'

She shrugs, 'Everybody. But I think they are just jealous. Your personality never changed. Just your look on the world. In my eyes you are not the horrible person they paint you out to be.'

My brain and heart huts from the new information. I knew the jealous and dislike. But I never knew they would think me to be a horrible person. After everything I have done for them over the years.