The flavor of love on the tongue

Tuesday November 8, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

I wake up feeling safe and warm.

I open my eyes and my sight falls on the most handsome man of the world.

I'm laying underneath Killian and he has his arms wrapped all around me.

It is strange how warm I am, because the sheets are thin satin and outside it's snowing. Killian is the one who's keeping me warm, my own radiator. And I wouldn't have it any other way.

But even though I'm the most comfortable I've ever been, I really, really need to use the bathroom.

'Killian?' I shake him a bit.

He groans and moves only a little.

Holi shit he's like a lazy five-year-old.

'Killian,' This time I poke his face.

He slowly opens his eyes, and he kisses my neck. I feel my body rise in is touch.

No, no, not now.

I push him up, 'I need to use the bathroom?'

He smiles and kisses my nose, 'Shame.'

I kiss him back, 'I bet it is.'

Killian pushes himself off me and I step out of bed.

Luckily I don't feel much pain anymore. I grab the bedsheets and wrap them around me. There still is something sensitive about nudity.

I don't look back at Killian and tiptoe to the bathroom.

Peeing still feels strange but it doesn't hurt.

I wash my hands and walk in the room.

Killian still lies on the bed, but his gaze is turned to the ceiling and he looks at it with a frown. Something feels off.

Of course my mind only can come up with the bad things. Maybe he regrets last night? Was the night the only thing he did it for? Was I bad? Will he reject me? Am I not enough?

I hate the way my brain thinks.

'Killian...?' I ask warned.

Killian sighs and he turns his head to look at me. Tears form in his eyes as regret fills his face.

Owww no this is bad. Very bad. What have I done?

Before I can speak, cry or apologize for something, he interrupts me by his actions. He crawls towards me and pulls at the sheets. They drop to the ground.

I still see the glister of wetness in his eyes, 'Please don't tell me you hate me?'

Why? Why would I hate him?

I look down to what he's looking at.

Then I realize. Okey yeah, this is pretty bad.

My body is damaged.

Big bruises cover my thighs. Hickeys are placed on my boobs. Teeth marks from my neck to my collarbone. Claw marks on my arms and wrist. More bruise on my inner thighs and wrist, which are swollen. When did he even grab my wrist this tight?

I look like I've been in an accident. How come I haven't noticed?

So, Stephenie Meyer was all the more right. I've just got the Bella Swan treatment.