I don't smile, I glow

Friday November 11, 2022:

Esmee POV

∞∞∞∞∞∞

We pick up Emma at her house.

She comes walking out with two suitcases.

Bloodyhell, how much did she pack?!

Dimitri walks out and takes over her suitcases.

He places them in the trunk when Emma opens the car door to sit next to me.

She turns towards me, 'That is a very scary man.'

I smile and turn around. Dimitri has a tiny smile on his face which lets me know that he's heard everything.

I look back at Emma, 'A man with a past.' I simply say.

She nods and sits back into the leather seats, 'This car is enormous.'

I laugh, 'Sweetheart if you think that to be enormous, then you are in for a surprise.'

She claps her hands together and she lets out an exited squeak.

Normally she is not so bubbly and much of the external excitement. But today she decide to let it all show.

I take off my coat, since it is warm inside the car.

I wear a long sweater and my over the knee boots. I feel like Ariana Grande.

Dimitri start driving into traffic.

'Nervous?' I ask her.

She looks at me and fidgets with her white coat, 'Just a little. But also really excited.'

I smile, 'Did you tell your parents?'

She looks at me like I have three heads, 'Of course I did.'

Well, I never did. So, it is not something bad to assume.

I could have guessed though. The relationship between her and her parents is very tight.

'And they agreed?' I find it hard to believe.

She shrugs, 'My parents trust you.'

I look away towards the window, 'They shouldn't.' I whisper silently.

Many things can happen while being in Russia.

'We have an hour of free time before we board.' I start.

'Okey?'

I smile at her and take out Killian his credit card, 'So we can shop on Schiphol Airport. And Killian is stupid enough to pay.'

She sits back, 'I do not want to use his money.'

I grin, 'If you don't, I will never hear the end of it. He almost commanded us to spend money.'

She bites her lip and seems to think for a moment, 'Okey. If he insists.'

I grin, 'He did. And I have the best of ideas.'

'And what may that be?'

'We are going to shop at Victoria's secret and buy the whole store empty.'

Her mouth falls open, 'But why do I need lingerie? I am not the one with the boyfriend.'

I put the card back in my purse, and put it on the ground, 'No, but every girl has the right to feel pretty.'

She smiles, 'Alright then.'