1: The Boy with Sunset Hair and Lavender Eyes

Chapter 1: The Boy with Sunset Hair and Lavender Eyes.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Endbanner has something to say: If this is the first time you're reading this story, then I have nothing else to say but to lower your expectations and ignore this note. If this isn't your first time reading this, then you might realize that the chapter changed. Drastically! Well, that's because after a lot of people got confused over the storyline, I decided to put back the original chapters 1–9 instead of the rewritten versions. Anyway, happy reading!

Inside the tallest building in Konoha, the Hokage Tower, an old man wearing white robes and a red hat, with the word "Fire" embedded on the front, sighed. Holding a pen in one hand and important paperwork in the other, the man carefully scanned the paper before writing his signature on the bottom. From time to time, the old man would glance at the door as if he was waiting for someone to enter.

Knock, knock!

Hearing the knock on the door, the old man smiled and placed down the paperwork he was holding, putting a paperweight on top to keep it from flying away. "Come in," the old man said, loud enough for the person on the other side to hear him.

Creaaak—

The door creaked as it opened, revealing a ninja wearing a cat-shaped mask. The ninja had brown hair and bronze skin. He originally had a fair complexion, but doing many missions under the sunlight made his skin tan like bronze. This ninja was part of the ANBU that the Hokage commands.

"Lord Hokage, here is the newborn you are looking for."

The ANBU knelt, carefully placing the baby he was holding on a wooden cradle prepared beforehand. After putting down the baby, the ANBU didn't spare it another glance, showing neither curiosity nor care. As an ANBU, he must not question or show interest in the Hokage's actions, requests, or orders. He should only obey the Hokage's will with unyielding loyalty and determination as that is his duty.

The old man glanced at the baby before waving his hand to dismiss the ANBU, "Good work. You may go."

"Understood, lord Hokage," after bowing to the old man, the Hokage, the ANBU left after carefully closing the door as to not disturb the sleeping baby.

As the ANBU ninja closed the door, Hiruzen's gaze lingered on the door before he released a long sigh. Then, his gaze shifted to the baby who was sleeping on the wooden cradle. The cradle had a white cushion and blankets in order to let the baby sleep comfortably. Nodding his head in satisfaction, Hiruzen's eyes wandered into the baby's hair.

The baby had a unique hair color. Each strand came out as golden yellow, but as it grew and aged, it turned into a deep crimson red. Looking at the baby's hair, it reminded Hiruzen of the sunset. It was a true beauty, but Hiruzen couldn't admire its beauty for long. It wasn't because he disliked the child, no. It was because this child is the jailer of the most powerful tailed beast in the world. This child... is the nine-tail's jinchuriki.

"Minato..."

Thinking about the child's father Namikaze Minato, the fourth Hokage, Hiruzen couldn't help but feel some regret. "Why did such a young, excellent ninja have to die so early?"

Although Hiruzen said that, he was fully aware of the fact that shinobi who lived into elderly were rare. Such feat is only possible with immense luck. No matter how powerful or skilled you are, if you aren't lucky enough, you will meet your death sooner rather than later.

Turning his gaze into the window, Hiruzen felt a headache brewing. As the Hokage, he had the power to decide this child's fate. But did he have the heart to do so? For the first time, Hiruzen wished that he was not the Hokage who gets to decide his people's fate.