63: Desperation

Chapter 63: Desperation

Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

BOOM!

The Mizukage didn't take lightly being disrespected. Before Naruto's spit could even reach him, he roared in disgust and slammed his claw at Naruto, who used his chains to block it. His chains began deteriorating as they started to get covered in coral, so Naruto immediately cut them off.

'Even the chains are affected by corals?' Naruto narrowed his eyes and focused his chakra on his chains. 'I don't believe there's such a counter to the chains.'

CLANG! CLANG!

Chains erupted from his back as they charged toward Yagura. Yagura dodged swiftly, but the chains were just as fast.

"Tsk."

Seeing Yagura run like a cheetah with his chains following closely behind, Naruto had no choice but to cancel his chains. The chains were getting too long and the chakra consumption increased with the length.

CLANG...

Seeing the chains stop, Yagura halted and looked at Naruto. "You are running out of chakra, nine tails' jinchuriki. Why don't you use the kyuubi's chakra?"

Naruto shrugged. "Right now, I don't need it," he smirked.

"Fool," Yagura mocked and suddenly vanished. When he reappeared again, he was behind Naruto and had his fist cocked back.

BAM!

With a loud crisp noise, Naruto flew back as Yagura's fist struck his face.

But before Yagura could be satisfied, Naruto vanished in a puff of smoke. Then, Yagura heard a loud swirling noise behind him. When he sensed the chakra being put out, his hair raised and he hurriedly looked back.

"Big Ball Sealing Rasengan!"

Naruto yelled and slammed the big chakra orb toward Yagura, who reacted at the last moment and created corals to block the chakra ball. The corals were tough, and the rasengan's power was reduced in half before it reached Yagura.

BANG!

Naruto jumped away, just in time to avoid a deadly punch from Yagura.

'I have to either get him out of his chakra cloak or exhaust him. The latter is impossible,' Naruto concluded and created pulled out a scroll.

SZZT— Opening the scroll, Naruto used his chakra to engrave a sealing formula inside the paper. It was a sealing formula both unfamiliar yet well known in the ninja world.

It was the Explosive Scroll Seal.

Only this time, Naruto modified the seal for the first time since its creation.

'I hope this works.'

Naruto prayed and closed the seal before throwing it at Yagura. Yagura dodged when the scroll suddenly u-turned and chased after him. Yagura ran again, only for chains to appear in front of him that caught his ankles.

With the help of the chains, the scroll reached Yagura and unrolled itself again.

TZZZZ...

"BASTARD!"

Seeing the scroll sizzle, Yagura could more or less guess what it was going to be. Yagura knew about the explosive scroll seal, naturally. Naruto just used it moments ago, and Kirigakure had been using it since its creation by Ginko. He saw Naruto create the seal from scratch and was sure that the latter had modified it.