76: Five Uzumaki Children

Chapter 76: Five Uzumaki Children

Arc: The Uzumaki Clan

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

End Banner: We have decided with my patrons that we'll stick to daily uploads, though to stop burnout (ahem, I'm doing two stories at once, go figure. You can check out my other story at Webnovel! I'll move it to Wattpad later), I'll only be doing 500+ words per chapter. To compensate, the advanced chapters were pushed from 17 to 25. As always, thank you to my patrons!

*****

As Gaara sensed Orochimaru waiting by the entrance, he couldn't help but shake his head. He wasn't afraid of Orochimaru, but it doesn't make sense to seek trouble when you can avoid them.

'Though I don't think we can avoid trouble this time,' Gaara thought, 'Especially not when a demon by the name of Karin is inside your head.'

'Go! What are you doing going so slow?! Go and show me that I can trust you with my damned life!' Karin yelled out as her figure seemed to be engulfed in flames inside Gaara's mind. 'Okay, we'll go faster,' Gaara replied in his mind.

In truth, he and his siblings were already running as fast as they could toward the exit, which was the same as the entrance. Though, it wasn't possible to run too quickly without hitting a wall face-first. 'Who told them to build a maze with so many twists and turns?'

"That took a while," Orochimaru chuckled.

Gaara and his siblings ran and after a few minutes, they finally arrived at the entrance. As Gaara expected, Orochimaru was blocking the exit. "I can sense Karin's residual chakra around you," Orochimaru narrowed his eyes.

"So her name was Karin?" Gaara said nonchalantly before raising up his arms to command the sand in his gourd to attack Orochimaru.

SHHH...

"Magnet Release eh?" Seeing the levitating sand, Orochimaru licked his lips as he recalled when he fought the Third and Fourth Kazekage. 'It's tempting, but Magnet Release has the weakness of consuming too much chakra at once. Of course, jinchuriki and Kage-level individuals have no problems with this,' Orochimaru thought as he weaved a series of hand seals.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu," Orochimaru yelled out as a gigantic water dragon formed behind him.

"Sand Wave," Gaara muttered.

"After that, we secretly fled from Orochimaru," Gaara said, "I'm sure he could've chased us, but he didn't, for some reason."

Hearing Gaara's tale, Naruto lowered his head in thought. After a few breaths, he shrugged and looked back at his group. "Our next mission is to locate Karin Uzumaki and the other Uzumaki," Naruto said, "Orochimaru is of no threat to us if we are careful."

Orochimaru wasn't only a ninja with dozens of ninjutsu under his belt, he was also a Fuinjutsu Master. Naruto had no idea what Orochimaru could do with his fuinjutsu, but he wasn't willing to bet his life to find out.

The group didn't have any other complaints and they all prepared to head out. That same evening, they went to raid Orochimaru's hideout.

'Hmm, I wonder if it's Orochimaru's hideout or Karin's hideout,' Naruto pondered before shaking his head in dismissal. He didn't care either way. He only wanted to seek out any Uzumaki he found.

As for whether they would follow him or not, he wasn't worried about it. 'It's not like I'm some kind of hero... I can always force them,' Naruto scoffed when he saw Gaara's sand tree. "Is it around here?" Naruto asked after he saw a good bit of sealing chakra gathered on a single tree.