50: The Tailed Beast's Judgment

Chapter 50: The Tailed Beast's Judgment.
Arc: Against Foreign Powers

Disclaimer:
I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

"Gaara," Naruto called out, his eyes containing a crafty light. On the other hand, Gaara's eyes were a bit hazy as he opened them.

Pale blue-green stared into lustrous lavender as the wind blew on their hair of similar color, swaying like synchronized twins. For the first time ever, the Jinchuriki of the One Tail and the Nine-Tails gazed at each other's eyes with no malice or hate, but rather indifference and a sprinkle of compassion.

Both of them experienced the lows of life, so they can roughly understand each other's pain.

Seeing the sun reflect behind the Uzumaki's back, Gaara squinted his eyes, almost making two, large dots of ink on his face. After a few seconds, his eyes slowly widened back into their normal shape as he opened his mouth to speak.

"It's you," Gaara stated, his voice calm as he had expected. Though he didn't recall anything after his loss of control, he was confident that the other Jinchuriki in front of him wouldn't let him go that easily and he was right. Gaara watched as Naruto inspected his expression, though he wasn't quite sure what the other was looking for as his face was as bland as water.

"Yes, it's me," Naruto said and crossed his arms, his eyes narrowing for a bit as his face slowly darkened, a result of facing his back toward the sun. For a moment, Naruto's figure seemed to turn into black ink as his eyes glowed in a vibrant hue. With a solemn face, Naruto opened his mouth.

"What do you say? Though we were interrupted in the middle, my offer still stands. Do you agree to our deal?"

Gaara listened as Naruto extended his arms. He recalled what Naruto said before, and remembered that all Naruto wanted was his cooperation, help, and protection. Aside from those three things, the other boy didn't seek anything else from him, making him suspicious for a bit but he wasn't hesitant.

"I accept."

Because when Naruto extended his arms, his protective sand that could sense negative emotions didn't protect him from the boy as he reached out his hand.

As porcelain-like touched golden tan, the two's hands firmly shook, signifying the start of a new alliance and the beginning of something grand. Countless years later, this tale will be recounted among the new generations.

Naruto, who was clueless to the waves he had cast, smiled in satisfaction, his face finally easing for a bit since he had unsealed Gaara. In fact, he was a little apprehensive that Gaara would attack him in a fit of panic, or that his sand would automatically strike at him, but now he wasn't worried.

"We'll talk more later. For now, let's meet the One-Tailed Tanuki."

Watching as Naruto approached him, putting two fingers on his forehead, Gaara was a little doubtful. "Trust me and relax. We're entering your mindscape," Naruto chuckled seeing his confusion and he channeled a thin strand of chakra to Gaara's brain, putting him under a harmless Genjutsu that forced them two to enter Gaara's mindscape.

CLANG! CLANG! CLANG!

Gaara's fingers twitched, his pale blue-green eyes narrowing in surprise and awe as he took in the picture of his mindscape. Perhaps he should've expected it, but his mindscape was an endless desert.

"UZUMAKI!"

Chained down with hot, red chains with tiny spikes all over them, the Giant Tanuki bellowed out, his eyes glaring at the two jinchuriki in front of him with hate. His piercing glare was hot enough to replace the sun, melting the cold ice and setting fire to green forests.