74: A Thorough Disguise

Chapter 74: A Thorough Disguise

Arc: The Uzumaki Clan

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

*****

"Let's go... and see if we can infiltrate Orochimaru's hideout," Gaara said as he dissolved the sand cocoon around Temari. Temari had fallen asleep, though her ears were bleeding. Seeing her condition, Kankuro didn't dally and took out a first-aid kit.

"Hmm. Let's wait for Temari to wake up," Gaara said after Kankuro finished cleaning Temari's wounds and tending to them. "Alright," Kankuro agreed.

By dusk, Temari finally awoke. "What... happened while I was unconscious?" She asked and glanced at Kankuro. Kankuro shrank a bit after meeting her gaze and sighed in relief after she averted them.

Gaara glanced at Kankuro and Temari before speaking, "We found another Uzumaki, though she seems to be by Orochimaru's side. Our mission is to find other Uzumaki, no matter their allegiance, so we will try and infiltrate Orochimaru's hideout."

"What? That's ridiculous! It's Orochimaru of the Three Sannins, okay?" Temari waved her hand, though the action was forced to halt midway. "Well... hmm, never mind."

Kankuro nodded after Temari took back her words. Then, he glanced at Gaara, who didn't seem to mind the slight outburst. 'We have Gaara, after all.'

Not only was Gaara their source of infinite courage and hope, but he was also the jinchuriki of the one tails.

"So, are you ready?" Gaara asked as he turned to his siblings. Kankuro nodded, though Temari seemed to be hesitating. "What is it?" Gaara asked. "Well, I don't think I have enough chakra," Temari said. Gaara nodded after hearing her troubles.

"We'll proceed tomorrow night, then."

The next day...

Gaara and his siblings moved slowly through the streets of the Hidden Sound Village. They were disguised as traveling merchants and behind them were carts. Empty carts.

"Brother, where to now?" Temari asked. Her hair was undone, making it look puffy and unkempt, and her face looked a little darker from dust and dirt. Similarly, Gaara and Kankuro looked similar to her. Gaara simply wore worn-out clothes... his thick eye bags were enough to disguise him as tired or weary.

Kankuro... just rubbed his "war paint" all over his face.

"Let's go to... sister, are you hungry?" Gaara asked. He didn't finish his first sentence because he already saw what he was looking for.

"Yeah," Temari replied. She discretely glanced in front of them and entered a small alleyway with a humble street-food vendor. Kankuro tried to look at where they were looking, but his siblings had already looked away. HE scratched his head, not knowing where to look.

"Well, let's just eat," Kankuro shrugged and entered the alleyway, only for him to be covered in a thin layer of sand. Kankuro's soul jumped before he heard Gaara's voice behind him. "Kankuro. Let's go, we found a sound-nin."

Kankuro tilted his head when he saw Gaara vanishing in the sand. "But... aren't we acting too recklessly?" He mumbled when the sand cocoon around him crumbled. After seeing that he was now inside a dark and damp tunnel, his lips flattened.

'What the hell. When did we change locations?' Kankuro looked around and saw Temari standing idly by herself. He pondered whether or not to approach her when a sand pillar suddenly appeared out of nowhere.

"Here," Gaara said as he came out of the sand pillar and carelessly threw something on the floor.

THUD.