57: Welcome to Kirigakure

Chapter 57: Welcome to Kirigakure.
Arc: Kirigakure's Civil War

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

End Banner has something to say: Late chapter. We had an electricity blackout last night, sorry!

Barely having any strength left to walk, Naruto walked to Hinata's side like a turtle as Gaara's Tailed Beast Transformation ended. Sand fell off of his body like waves, and soon, his similarly battered appearance was revealed. He wasn't bleeding by any means, he just looked like he hadn't slept in days, and Naruto could barely sense any chakra from the other teen.

It was Gaara and Shukaku's first time cooperating together, and the latter had never properly cooperated with humans before, so although the Gaara was a proper jinchuriki, unlike Naruto, he couldn't get the most out of his bijuu. At least, not now.

Naruto planned on helping Gaara in that department but now's not the time.

"Are you all right?"

Naruto asked, getting a nod from Hinata. She smiled, looking at the sky and thankful that she was fortunate enough to survive another day. The fight with Chisuke, or the alien controlling Chisuke, was hectic.

Most battles in the ninja world ended after a few confrontations, and if a battle was prolonged, it meant that the two opposing sides were equal in strength, or they have the means to repel each other. Naruto and his team was infinitely weaker than Chisuke, but they were lucky enough that the alien in Chisuke's body was severely weakened.

He couldn't use his own dojutsu for more than three seconds at the start of the fight. When he started taking the fight seriously, it was too late. He was slathered with heavily modified restriction seals by Naruto and was facing a tailed beast transformation of Gaara.

His result could only be defeat unless he could instantly kill either Naruto or Gaara.

Thinking about the outcome, Naruto's heart became at ease.

'At least Hinata is safe and sound.'

What holy land? What Uzushiogakure? Hinata was the reason why he wanted to create or recreate those things. As long as Hinata was alive, he could always start again. So what if Chisuke was strong? Can he survive hundreds of Explosive Scrolls?

That's precisely what Naruto would've done if he could. Unfortunately, he was with allies and not alone, he couldn't be reckless.

Sighing one more time, Naruto lifted Hinata up and let her rest on his lap, much to the other's pleasure. Meanwhile, in another part of the battlefield, the trio siblings from Sunagakure gathered. Only Gaara was standing, while the other two were planted on the ground like boneless humans.

"Kankuro."

Gaara muttered. Looking down at Kankuro. Kankuro tried to sacrifice himself because he didn't want to be a burden to the group. But they just started getting along, the thought of already losing him made Gaara's heart unwilling.

"Don't ever do that again. If someone needs to sacrifice himself, it should be me. Let me pour out all my chakra, blood, and sand to protect you, brother."

"Gaara..."

Hearing Gaara's plea, Kankuro's eyes became wet.

"I'm sorry. None of us will do that again. We'll all do things together. Rise together, and fall together, okay?"

Despite his tired body, Kankuro managed to sit up and give Gaara the hug he'd always wanted to give but was too afraid to do. Temari watched from the side, frowning as she was unable to move, unlike her brother.