Land of Waves (4): Wave of Bandits.

Chapter 27: Land of Waves (4): Wave of Bandits.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Break

Tang! Clang—shrkkk!

"Argh! You—!"

"Tsk, so annoying! Benjiro, be careful, they're skilled in kenjutsu!"

"Yeah, thanks! Sakura, don't forget to set up traps, in case a bandit slips through."

"Got it!"

In the wide plain, dozens of corpses were scattered around like useless junk. The corpses were either burnt or sliced in the neck, killing them either slowly or instantly. This was the handiwork of two genins, namely Sasuke and Benjiro. Sakura, Kakashi, Habiki, and Habiki's genin team, team 3, were all watching far away from the vicious theater.

"Rat (ne), tiger (tora), dog (inu), ox (ushi), rabbit (u), tiger (tora). Fire Style: Phoenix Flower Jutsu!"

Sasuke puckered his lips and blew out, spitting out a dozen of small fireballs that rushed toward the bandits like a bird of prey.

"Dodge!"

Seeing the fireballs, the bandits dodged, but six of them were caught by the fireball and started burning. Since the fire was made out of chakra, it wasn't possible to put out in a short amount of time. They wailed and cried, begging for help, but no one came to their rescue.

Team seven certainly won't help their enemies, and the bandits liked the fact that there would be fewer of them. Because the more bandits survived, the less reward each bandit receives, and vice versa.

"Damned brat, take this!"

Then, a bandit rushed at Sasuke and was close enough to engage him in combat. With his sharingan active, Sasuke could perfectly see the movement of the bandit.

Woosh—woosh!

When the bandit saw that his wakizashi missed, the bandit swung his sword again but like the previous attempt, he missed.

"Hmph."

Sasuke took out a kunai from his ninja pocket and embedded it deep in the bandit's chest. He looked back at the bandits only to see three more bandits surround him, and more were coming.

"Sasuke!"

When Benjiro saw Sasuke in a tight spot, he wanted to rush in to help or throw some kunai at the bandits to give Sasuke an opening, but he was forced to mind his own business.

"Brat, where are you looking?"

Because in front of him was a bandit who was very skilled in using the katana, and behind him was another bandit who was using a tantō like a stick. The second bandit didn't have skill, but that made his every move unpredictable and erratic, especially since he wasn't like Sasuke who had the sharingan.

"Damn it!"

Benjiro side-stepped and jumped to his left, but the bandit behind him charged forward and tried to stab his chest.

CLANG!

With his reflexes, Benjiro was able to block the tantō in the nick of time.

"Heh, your head is mine!"

However, that gave the other bandit an opening to strike. He raised his katana high in the air and brutally brought it downward.

"Crap, Ninjutsu: Substitution Jutsu!"