55: Seichōgan

Chapter 55: Seichōgan
Arc: Against Foreign Powers

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

Watching as Chisuke chuckled, his red hair somehow having strands of blueish white and his pupils turning a little pale, Naruto and the group cursed. This was the one controlling the entire Beast Wave, as well as the one who nearly defeated the entire Uzumaki clan alone in the past.

Just as Chisuke was observing them, a flash of red engulfed the area as Kurama rushed to fight Chisuke head-on. Inside Naruto's head, he heard Kurama's plan.

'Naruto, I'm just a clone anyway. Use this opportunity to gauge his skill.'

'Okay. Thanks, Kurama.'

After agreeing to Kurama's plan, Naruto signaled to the group to stay put and watch for an opportunity. Gaara and Zabuza understood his signal, but the rest were left to guess as they hid behind the three men.

What Naruto used was special hand seals usually used for covert missions, and he was a little worried that no one would understand. Thankfully, two managed to, and the rest were smart enough to follow along.

Naruto didn't explain to them either. It was stupid to divulge information in front of the enemy.

"What a reckless... clone? Huh? Why are there two of you?"

Chisuke chuckled, pointing at Naruto and Kurama, who was controlling Naruto's clone.

"What an idiot, you don't even know what a simple clone is."

Kurama scoffed, much to Chisuke's amusement. Chisuke shrugged, his eyes remaining dull and indifferent as if we were just mere entertainment tools in his eyes.

"I don't know about it because it's such a lowly technique. Now, you smell of foxes. I don't like foxes, begone."

To Kurama's shock, Chisuke only had to wave his hand to repel his assault.

"Bastard. Take this, Tailed Beast Bomb!"

Kurama, not taking kindly to being flung around, got into all four as he transformed into a miniature version of himself, complete with six tails and a tailed beast bomb in hand. Then, he charged at Chisuke at inhuman speeds.

"A chakra cloak. What an interesting way to use chakra."

Once again mumbling to himself and waving his hand, Kurama and his tailed beast bomb got flung away, not even having the chance to explode as the tailed beast bomb suddenly dissipated.

Meanwhile, Naruto watched with narrowed eyes.

'He's not using his Chakra Chains? Is it because he doesn't need it or that he can't? And how did the tailed beast bomb vanish like that?'

While he was racking his brain, Kurama sent him a discrete message.

'Naruto, that guy is somehow making me stronger. Be careful, I can feel his chakra invading mine. Before I dispel, I'll burn as much of it as I can.'

Chakra invasion? That's... fucking horrible.

One of his weaknesses is exactly Chakra Invasion. If another chakra source invades his system, he can't use his chains at all and his fuinjutsu will be a little weaker.

'Is this why the Uzumaki clan won only with heavy losses? I heard after the alien's attack, the clan's Fuinjutsu Masters were all killed aside from the Clan Head.'