48: Burning Fireworks

Chapter 48: Burning Fireworks.
Arc: Against Foreign Powers

Disclaimer:
I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

The moon hid behind the ancient trees, watching silently as the creatures below its grace danced along with the rhythm of life. In every corner of the world, there was joy and suffering, and the moon had watched as unspeakable acts happened, hidden away from the enthusiasm and pureness of the yellow sun.

Sometimes, the moon wondered, "Why do crimes happen more at night rather than during the day?"

Maybe it was because of the gloomy silver light of the moon, in contrast to the bright light of the sun. Whatever the answer was, the moon will always watch just like it always had, along with two blue eyes with flowery patterns that had always gazed at the green and blue planet with curiosity.

"I'm worried about Hanabi," Hinata said, looking at Naruto with watery eyes. The latter looked at her without saying a word, but Hinata kept talking, her eyes swimming in endless worry for her little sister.

"What if she gets overwhelmed? After I leave, she'll become the official Hyuga Heiress," as she got stronger and showed her true potential, Hinata was fully exposed to what becoming the heiress of the Hyuga clan meant.

Perhaps it was because her Father doubted her abilities at first, she wasn't truly conscious about what the title of Heiress meant until she vowed to stand side by side with Naruto in the future during that one faithful night. Hinata's eyes glowed as she recalled the past.

[FLASHBACK]

Baffled, Hiashi looked at his daughter with doubtful eyes and asked, "Are you serious?"

''Yes. I want to study at the clan's library," Hinata said, her eyes showing pure determination. With one look at those eyes, Hiashi knew that her daughter was burning with passion, so much so that he couldn't help but doubt his daughter.

"That's impossible... unless you show me that you are worthy," Hiashi coldly refused.

To prove her worth, Hinata must at least strike Hiashi once in battle, otherwise, she wouldn't be allowed inside the Hyuuga library. A ten-year-old girl who only had decent skill, not good but not bad either, and Hiashi even doubted whether she could become a Chunin, how could Hinata prove herself worthy?

Nevertheless, Hinata wished to defy her fate. She only had one reason why she wished to enter the Hyuga library, and that was to learn as Hyuga techniques as possible. Only by doing that can she hope to stand beside the person she longed for.

"I will show you that I'm worthy of being your daughter, father."

[A Year Later...]

"Hinata Hyuga, I declare that you..."

"Father," before Hiashi could finish his words, Hinata interrupted him. Hiashi frowned but remained silent. They were alone with only Hanabi as their audience, he could tolerate being interrupted... even if his Hinata openly refuted him, as long as they were alone, he could endure it.

Because Hinata was his daughter.

"Father, I don't want you to declare me as the Heiress until I..." Hinata paused, hesitating a little bit before glancing at her clueless sister. Likewise, Hiashi glanced toward Hanabi, who didn't even notice she had become the point of attention.

She would never notice as the two immediately averted their gaze.

"Father, I have another dream," Hinata said ambiguously, her voice not louder than a whisper.