29: Chunin Exams (1): Participating Teams

Chapter 29: Chunin Exams (1): Participating Teams.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

End Banner has something to say: Naruto's disguise reaches an end... in this arc, that is, not in this chapter. Read as Naruto muster up the courage to face the world! (Writing this without giving out too many spoilers is tricky, LOL.)

ALSO: Thank you to my patrons! Shout out to Michel, Andrew, Crow, and Matthew! I'll probably stop giving shoutouts after the patron number reaches a certain point, but for now, I'll keep doing shoutouts.

"Team seven, how's the mission?"

"Lord Hokage."

Inside the hokage's office, Hiruzen Sarutobi sat behind his desk with his hands leisurely resting on his lap, a tobacco pipe dangling in his mouth and smoke rising from the chamber. On the right side of the office, another small table and chair were set up, dedicated to the only ROOT division's commander.

"Jonin leader, Kakashi Hatake, reporting for team seven," Kakashi bowed, covertly glancing at Danzo's figure before standing up straight, "The mission of escorting Yukito Fujisaki-dono is successful."

Kakashi narrated the entire mission report before handing a scroll to both Hiruzen and Danzo.

Earlier this morning, Kakashi and Yukito arrived at the village and as he hoped, team seven and Habaki had already returned to the village, two days earlier than them. When he heard that team seven and Habaki's team were attacked by Zabuza, his heart nearly dropped to the ground as he rushed to the hospital.

After making sure that his team was safe, Kakashi made them recount everything that happened and went to the hokage tower to report a mission well-done. He went straight to Memorial Stone afterward.

'Thankfully, they were lucky enough to survive. Obito, Rin, Minato-sensei, father, thank you for guiding my team to survive.'

An hour later, Kakashi left the Memorial Stone after giving a quick prayer.

One week later...

When Kakashi met up with his team a week later, Sakura suddenly dropped a bombshell.

"Say that again?"

"Sensei, I want to become a medical-nin."

"Are you sure? Do you know what it means to become a medical-nin, instead of a genjutsu expert?"

When Kakashi first met team seven, Sakura's dream was as simple as marrying the last Uchiha. However, Kakashi forced her to set another goal for herself under the threat of kicking her out of the team. She relented, saying that she would strive to become a genjutsu expert.

'For her to change her mind like this... did she receive too much shock?'

"Kakashi-sensei, please don't underestimate me. I am the smartest person out of team seven, I naturally know what I'm talking about."

"Okay... then, tell me, what are the clauses of the medical-nin?"

There were a total of four clauses that a medical-nin must abide by, but most books only teach about the first three.

This was because the fourth clause was redundant, and the only medical-nin which it matters to was Tsunade Senju, the one who created them.

"That's simple," Sakura grinned.