79: Battle of Behemoths

Arc: The Uzumaki Clan

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

*

"Fuinjutsu: Demonic Judgment, 50th layer."

CRACK—suddenly, as if the world had turned into glass, Itachi saw everything shattering into tiny bits of pieces. 'Genjutsu,' Itachi thought as his pitch-black eyes turned red, and three tomoe circled around his irides.

SHATTER! As the world turned into fine dust, Itachi saw another illusion. This time, he was in a forest made of blood. 'Two genjutsu in one?' Itachi mused as he dispelled the genjutsu. SHATTER...

'Another one,' Itachi was not happy to see the world turn into a replica of hell. 'How many genjutsu is layered into this? Is it really fifty?' When Naruto muttered the fuinjutsu's name, no one heard it aside from himself. Of course, Itachi was an elite ninja and can read lips.

'If there are fifty layers, then...' Itachi closed his eyes. Suddenly, the world began shattering one after another in mere moments. When he opened his eyes again, he saw Naruto with his eyes narrowed and his brows furrowed. "That was an interesting genjutsu, Uzumaki-san," Itachi said.

"Too bad, I am Itachi Uchiha," Itachi stated as he brushed the loose hair blocking his vision away.

Naruto frowned. "Itachi of the sharingan," he muttered as he moved his hand toward the storage scroll on his waist. Seeing this, Kisame grinned and weaved a set of hand seals in a moment, "Water Release: Water Dragon Jutsu!"

SHAAA—as a water dragon even bigger than Kakuzu's fired dragon emerged behind Kisame, Naruto's frown deepened. 'Kakuzu used an advanced version of Fire Dragon Jutsu, the Grand Fire Dragon Jutsu, hence its size and power. But Kisame merely used the original water dragon, yet he achieved such power! Amazing!'

The main difference between Fire Dragon Jutsu and Grand Fire Dragon Jutsu is that the latter is more efficient in chakra use and can become bigger and deadlier with less chakra, though it required better chakra control and a boon of knowledge. The former on the other hand could still reach bigger size and deadlier power, but it wastes more chakra to do so.

Kisame's feat was a testament to his enormous chakra, which amazed Naruto to no end. "Kisame Hoshigaki, I applaud you for having such great chakra reserves," Naruto said as he gripped a scroll in his hands and activated his sensing ability. When he sensed Kisame's chakra level, he smirked, "You nearly had the same chakra level as me when I didn't have the kyuubi's chakra merged yet."

As the water dragon charged at him, Naruto opened the scroll, and crackling sounds could be heard. "Behold my incomplete invention. Fuinjutsu: Lightning Guardian!"

CRACKLE!

"Argh..." Kisame groaned when he felt numbness taking over his body. Though, the sensation vanished after a few moments as his chakra purged the lightning chakra out of his system. "That was some jutsu," Kisame chuckled as he unwrapped his sword. Samehada then shook in excitement, "Samehada likes your chakra," Kisame added.

Naruto frowned at the remark. 'The lightning dragon guardian is an instant attack and vanishes after the attack is over. This is useful. So far, I have four 'elemental' guardians. The rock golem guardian, fire dragon guardian, lightning guardian, and finally...'

The Lightning Guardian was only a side product of his final elemental guardian fuinjutsu collection, and he had no idea that he would be given the perfect opportunity to show it off.

"Fire Release: Fire Dragon Jutsu," Itachi muttered as a fire dragon silently manifested on the battlefield. The dragon didn't make any sound, and Naruto wouldn't have known about it if not for his powerful sensing ability. Though, anyone who can sense chakra will know of its existence.

"Perfect," Naruto smirked and took out another scroll. 'This guardian is still incomplete like the Lightning Guardian, but it should be enough.' Itachi's fire dragon was definitely lethal, but it wasn't the advanced version like Kakuzu's, nor the flashy version of Kakuzu's water dragon.

"Fuinjutsu: Water Hydra Guardian," Naruto muttered as he opened the scroll.

Behind him, a whirlpool made of chakra suddenly appeared as Naruto channeled nearly half of his chakra into it. Naruto frowned, but he didn't stop. 'I didn't expect it to consume so much chakra. Did I go wrong somewhere?' He thought.

When the fire dragon was near Naruto's body, a sudden water dragon's head bit it in half and the fire dragon instantly vanished. It vanished as silently as it had appeared. 'Was it even a ninjutsu or a genjutsu?' Naruto narrowed his eyes as he roused his chakra to dispel any genjutsu.

Meanwhile, a two-headed dragon-like serpent loomed behind Naruto and stared at the two S-rank criminals he was facing off. After making sure that he wasn't in any genjutsu, Naruto glanced behind him for a split second.

'Two heads. Just two?' Naruto sighed. 'Half of my chakra for two heads.' Naruto designed the Seal Formula of Water Hydra Guardian to gain more heads as more chakra is used. The more heads that appear, the stronger, faster, and sturdier the hydra becomes.

'It's extremely inefficient,' Naruto concluded as he flickered above the hydra's head.

"It seems like a copy of Kirigakure's Water Hydra Jutsu," Kisame smirked and was about to charge at the behemoth when something overshadowed the entire field. Not only Kisame but also Itachi and Naruto jumped away as they saw a giant rock golem falling down to the ground.

BOOM! RUMBLE...

ROAAAR!

The fire dragon roared as it soared high into the air. The rock golem crumbled to dust as its head melted into magma. Meanwhile, the fire dragon also flickered into nothing as it ran out of fumes.

"Hmm," Naruto sighed when he saw his Rock Golem Guardian crumble, as well as one of the scrolls floating around him fall to the ground. "Oh well," Naruto shrugged and channeled more chakra into the scroll that fell.

Then, he entered his mindscape. 'Kurama, mind lending me some chakra?' Naruto asked with a smirk.

Both Kisame and Itachi narrowed their eyes as they felt Naruto's chakra reserve go from less than half to full. "Damned jinchuriki," Kisame cursed, though he had a wide smirk on his face.

"Let's go, Samehada," Kisame whispered to his sword when all of a sudden, sand rose from the ground as a massive sand tanuki appeared adjacent to their battlefield.

"Akatsuki, you shall pay," Gaara's voice echoed throughout the area as his figure slowly melted into the giant sand beast's head.

"Tailed Beast Bomb," Gaara said in his tailed beast form and aimed at Hidan and Kakuzu. Kakuzu cursed and his skin turned into pitch-black, while Hidan had a crazed smirk on his face.

"Go on, turn me to dust! Let's see if your sister survives, HAHAHA!" Hidan laughed, making Gaara narrow his eyes. "Hmph, so that's how your jutsu works?" He mocked and canceled the giant bomb in front of his face.

"If killing you won't do, then sealing you away will do it. Sand Mausoleum!" Gaara roared out and a giant pyramid began forming out of the ground.

"Damned idiot," Kakuzu cursed at his partner.

*

You can support me while reading 25 advanced chapters on my Pátreón page. That's 3 weeks of advanced chapters!

Link: pátreón.cóm/endbanner (replace the accent letters)