49: Changes in the Land of Whirlpools

Chapter 49: Changes in the Land of Whirlpools.
Arc: Against Foreign Powers

Disclaimer:
I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

As they travel into the fast east, Naruto and Hinata reached the shore after a week. Along the way, they met some unpleasant people, mostly bandits, but with Naruto and Hinata's combined might, even if the three Bandit Armies from before appeared, Naruto was confident to take them on.

Regardless, after they reached the shore, Naruto unsealed a boat made with chakra-infused wood and modified using Naruto's Fuinjutsu. You can control the boat through chakra strings, be it the boat's speed or to steer it around.

Thanks to the boat, it only took Naruto and Hinata a day to reach the Land of Whirlpools.

LINE

SHHH... SHHH... SHHH...

While watching the waves and the whirlpools that plagued the ocean blue, Hinata sighed as she felt the cold breeze touch her skin, her long, dark-blue hair swaying as it moved along with the wind. From beside her, Naruto was weaving a set of hand seals with focus.

"Summoning Jutsu: Karasu," Naruto mumbled, slamming his hands into the ground as a massive cloud of white smoke enveloped the two.

CAW! CAW! CAW!

Suddenly, a massive crow, about twice as big as them, appeared on the shore, crying out as it soared toward the skies.

"Long time no see, Karasu," Naruto said, waiting for his summon to land on the ground.

FOOSH...

CAW!

While obsidian wings gently flapped, Karasu looked at his master with joy and worry, his talons slowly touching the ground as he let out one last cry. "How are you, Naruto?"

"Couldn't be better," Naruto shrugged and smiled, "This is Hinata Hyuga, and she'll be with us from now on," Naruto softly touched Hinata's hand to bring her closer to Karasu. The crow looked at Hinata for a moment before averting his gaze back to Naruto.

Seeing this, Naruto didn't push the matter as he patted Hinata's back and asked, "What happened while I was gone?"

"A lot of things," the crow paused, looking at the forest. "First things first, I've become stronger than before. Even now, I can still defeat you," Karasu said, yet his voice contained no joy.

Both Naruto and Hinata noticed the anomaly, but Naruto still praised his friend.

"Not so fast," Karasu stopped him, "There's a problem. Something's been trying to control us, the Chakra Beasts. As I have proper intelligence, I can resist it, but not for long. On the other hand, the other Chakra Beasts are already under the control of that thing, though that thing controlling them hasn't done anything yet," Karasu said.

"Do you know what this, 'thing,' is?" Naruto inquired.

"No, but whatever it is, it's making me stronger, and not only me, every Chakra Beast are getting stronger," Karasu said and sighed, "However, the 'Bosses' seem to have reached a ceiling with their growth. I'm also nearing that limit. I reckon it's thanks to the Uzumaki's handiwork," Karasu voiced out. It made sense, who in their right mind would create something far stronger than them? What if it rebelled?

Despite hearing that the Bosses can no longer get stronger, Naruto was still worried. He was only Jonin-level right now, a Kage-level can stomp him easily. He had yet to forget how Karasu once humiliated him.