37: Chunin Exams (9): Two Special Jutsus

Chapter 37: Chunin Exams (9): Two Special Jutsus.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Chirp— Chirp—

As birds sing and fly above the village hidden in the leaves, humans walk on the streets littered with festive decor. They chattered and laughed as they headed toward a large arena. The arena is a special one, only open once every few years, and the warriors battling each other in the arena are geniuses of the village they belong to.

"Akemi, have you seen Hiroko?" With the crowd, a boy with short, brown hair whispered to a black-haired girl. The girl jumped, unprepared for the sudden voice echoing inside her ears. "Don't whisper!"

Meanwhile, the boy looked at his teammate with a dumbfounded face. 'If I shouldn't whisper...'

Then what should I do?!

With a gloomy face, the boy deliberated asking again but realized that it was unnecessary. "I haven't seen Hiroko today. Have you seen him?" Akemi asked, showing a confused look when she saw Ken's blank face. Did she say something wrong?

Ken sighed and shook his head. Yesterday, Hiroko dropped a bomb— no, Hiroko dropped a nuke in front of their feet. "Akemi, Ken," Hiroko smiled and patted both of their shoulders. "After the Chunin Exams, I'll tell you who I really am. No more masks," Hiroko grinned and walked away with both of his hands placed at the back of his head. Akemi and Ken stood for ten whole minutes, mouth agape, and minds blank, before they came to their senses and chased after Hiroko.

Unfortunately, they were too late and Hiroko was already gone. Originally, they were looking forward to the Chunin Exams and were planning on cheering for Hiroko, but now, they were anxious to tear Hiroko apart for answers. Especially Akemi.

A month ago, Ken told her that Hiroko's true identity is something that she shouldn't know, nor should anyone. Because Ken told her that he once overheard a conversation between Hiroko and one of the chiefs in the Village Hidden in Hot Waters.

It was like being told that you couldn't eat the candy in front of you because it belongs to a rich man, but the next moment, the rich man offers you that very same candy.

'Damn it, why am I like this?'

Akemi was like a restless child waiting to open a birthday gift when her birthday was in the next day. Earlier, when she was pouring a glass of milk for herself, she nearly missed the cup and spilled milk everywhere.

Suddenly, the crowd burst into a peal of cheers, making both Ken and Akemi turn their heads toward the arena.

In the arena, nine people stood straight with solemn faces. Eight were lined up in a row, and one was standing in front of them. The man was the proctor of the exams.

"Sasuke Uchiha and Hiroko Uchiyama, please stay in the arena. The rest of you, please go to the waiting area," the man ordered, and six of the eight Genin walked away, while two remained unmoving. The proctor nodded and introduced the two to the crowd before walking away.

"Hiroko of the land of hot waters, if I remember correctly," Sasuke said as he crouched and got into a fighting stance. "You fought Shino, and from what he said, your water style... no, I believe that it's your chakra that has the ability to restrict other people's chakra," Sasuke said, confident at his guess.

"Whatever you say," Hiroko rolled his eyes and smiled. Seeing this, the proctor nodded.

"BEGIN!"

As soon as he yelled, the two Genin started weaving hand seals. After a second, both of them stopped at a hand seal and took a deep breath.