Chapter 11: The Fox and the Snake

Chapter 11: Schemes of the Fox and the Snake.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

"Fuuin: Storage Seal..."

In a forest not too far from the gates of Konoha, a boy with sunset-colored hair was crouched on the ground. Below him was a scroll. A storage scroll, to be exact.

Currently, the storage scroll was sucking up all the blood and meat goo from underneath a tree.

Three minutes later, all the blood was gone, only a little bit remained on the soil, but even that was covered by the fallen trunks or the tall grass around it.

Standing up, Naruto happened to look at a shattered boulder not too far away from his spot. Seeing the shattered boulder, Naruto's eyes dimmed for a bit before he shook his head.

'That boulder lasted for four years, I didn't expect that it would be destroyed in a heartbeat just like that.'

He had grown attached to the stone boulder that had been crushed into pieces. After all, he always came here when he was in need of peace and quiet.

After bowing to the boulder for one minute, Naruto silently left the forest. As he grew closer and closer to the edge of the forest, his face grew colder and colder. If one didn't know better, one would think that a human had an ice block for a head.

Currently, he is deep in thought.

'I'm inside the village, albeit in the outskirts, but I'm still inside the village walls, yet I was attacked by unknown ninjas,' Naruto sighed, 'as expected, the village isn't safe. There's a threat on both front and back. There's that Danzo guy. I think he's the leader of those ninjas called ROOT.'

Naruto had interacted a lot with ROOT before. Most of the time, ROOT would disguise themselves as civilians and provoke him. He retaliated by trashing them and beating them to a bloody pulp, forcing the other ROOT to rescue their companion as the disguised ROOT couldn't just fight back. He was disguised, after all.

The reason he knew that the ROOT disguised themselves was thanks to an emotional radar called the nine-tailed fox. The fox told him that those ROOT ninjas were like logs. Their emotional state was so bad that the fox compared them to rotting logs!

As for how Naruto guessed Danzo's identity, well, it was just that. A guess. He was provoked by ROOT so many times that he couldn't even count the number of times he beat them up, so he guessed that the only person corrupt enough to let enemy ninjas enter the village must be the leader of the despicable organization called ROOT.

'There's also Orochimaru, one of the three legendary ninjas, the Snake Sannin. What a mess. It's like a bunch of cockroaches scurrying about and competing to devour some rotting tree.'

Naruto ran to his apartment while formulating various plans to ensure his safety.

'Preparations to leave this damned village is a must. For that, I need to find loopholes in the village wall's patrol schedule. Unfortunately, both ROOT and the hokage's ANBU guard me twenty-four hours a day and seven days a week.'

Naruto encountered this problem two years ago, but he had yet to formulate a proper way to solve the issue. The most he could do was try to suppress his chakra and sneak near the village walls, but that was too risky.

Suddenly, he remembered the bodies of the chunin he killed earlier. It was the first time he killed. In fact, it was his first time killing something. He could handle meat or fish when cooking, but they were already dead. Furthermore, even if he killed animals, it wouldn't be as impactful as killing a person.