43: Konoha Crush (3): Declarations

Chapter 43: Konoha Crush (3): Declarations.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

CRACK... CRACK!

As cracks spread on the orange roof tiles like a cobweb, a woman with long blonde hair tied at the end stood up, not bothering about the dust on her body. When she looked up, her fierce almond-brown eyes showed a resolve that was as firm as steel and as fiery as an ocean of magma.

Hiruzen's eyes gawked at the sight of his former student. "What are you doing here," he asked with a shaking voice. As her sensei, he was worried and missed Tsunade's fiery personality and would often ponder what would happen if she had stayed in the village and helped him.

Would Danzo still become the Shadow Hokage? Will he still earn the chance to usurper power? What about Naruto? Would he still go missing for two years? Will he still be abused by the villagers? And what about the village itself? Will it still be in such disarray?

There were too many questions but too few answers in the old professor's heart. When he glanced at the nonchalant Jiraiya next to him, he understood that it was he who called Tsunade, yet it only left him with more questions.

'How and when did Jiraiya convince Tsunade? If I remember, they weren't on the best of terms because of Jiraiya's... much to be desired personality,' nevertheless, Hiruzen shook his head and didn't dwell on it for too long lest he lose a few more hair strands. 'For now, we shall deal with Orochimaru and...'

When he felt a stinging gaze land on him, Danzo turned his head to see Hiruzen staring at Orochimaru with a determined expression. 'Strange...' His instincts shouldn't have failed him... 'Am I getting too old?' He sighed and pushed it to the back of his mind and turned to look at Orochimaru, who was giving his former teacher and teammates a nasty glare.

'Foolish Orochimaru, you just had to attack the village. What was in it for you, anyway? The Forbidden Scroll of Sealing? Other forbidden scrolls? You could've sent ninjas for both, so why did you choose to invade the village? I can't understand your motives,' Danzo mused, feeling as if he was missing an important puzzle piece.

As he was mulling over his thoughts, a sweet voice echoed in the ears of all the people present on the rooftop.

"Sensei, you're such a great Hokage. I'm sure that Grandfather and Granduncle would be SO proud of what you've done," Tsunade said. Hearing her, Hiruzen felt his chest ache and knew that she'd been informed of what happened in the village. He tried to defend himself but was cut off by his student before he could open his mouth.

"Shut it, old man. I don't want to hear excuses. I respected you when you were young, but I guess age is everyone's nightmare. Orochimaru, as much as I hate to say this, I can kind of understand your obsession with immortality, but I disagree with eternal life," Tsunade spat, watching as Orochimaru chuckled.

"Princess Tsunade, it's great to see you again. But I wonder," Orochimaru brought a kunai to his palm much to Jiraiya and Hiruzen's indignation, but Tsunade smirked, "Hemophobia? I'll admit it was shameful of me, a legendary medical ninja, to have a phobia of blood," Tsunade smirked and ignored Jiraiya's questioning look.

"But if you're going to threaten the village that my Grandfather and Granduncle built, the village that Dan and Nawaki wished to protect, and the village that I love, then I..." Tsunade gritted her teeth, steeling her trembling hand—BANG! She punched the roof, nearly shattering the entire thing to dust.