5: The Tables Have Turned

Chapter 5: The Tables Have Turned
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Endbanner has something to say: I just remembered that Naruto was a bit OP here.

Shriii!

The moment the blade of the kunai touched my skin, I understood what it means to be cruel. The kunai was not sharp, like a dull knife trying to cut an onion.

"AHHHHH!"

It was painful. Every moment was an eternity. Seconds turned into years. Each instant that passed, I could feel the cold blade tearing my skin apart, like a child pulling a teddy bear's body and head at the same time, tearing it in half.

I screamed and screamed, but it was like no one cared. The villagers passed by the narrow alley without even a glance. Then, perhaps exhilarated from hearing my screams, the ninja's hand slowed down, dragging on the agonizing pain. Soon, the cold blade reached and pierced my heart, and then there was nothing. I fell into the abyss of the subconscious.

"ROAAAR!"

Suddenly, a monstrous roar echoed throughout Konoha. The air became arid, vile chakra contaminated the wind. The civilians froze, their minds turning blank. For a moment, the entire Konoha was like a painting, frozen and unmoving. There was only one thing on the civilians' minds. 'The Kyuubi!'

"AHHH!"

"The Kyuubi! The Kyuubi is attacking again!"

"Son! My son! Where are you?!"

"Waaa! Papa! Papa!"

Like a domino being pushed down, after one civilian screamed in terror, the rest of the civilians followed and in an instant, the village was thrown into pandemonium. Some civilians fainted on the spot, their eyes still wide from terror. Some ran as fast as they could. Some hid in their homes.

"Help! Please, stop! Ahh!"

"Help me! Help me!"

"Sob— Mama! Sob!"

Panicked, the civilians formed a stampede. The weak would fall and be trampled, while the strong would run away without caring for the people they stepped on. It was human selfishness at its finest.

A frown formed on Hiruzen's face. Not a moment later after the malicious chakra was released, he shot up from his chair and donned his battle armor. He was ready for battle.

Whoosh!

"Sir!"

One after another, like bees storming out of their hive after being provoked, dozens of ANBU landed in front of Hiruzen. All of them knelt, awaiting his orders.

"What happened? Why is the Kyuubi's chakra rampaging in the village?" Hiruzen asked. He was savoring the moment of freedom after he finished his paperwork, but now this happened.

"Sir, a ROOT ninja provoked the jinchuriki and tried to kill him." An ANBU at the front spoke up. He needn't say anything else. Hiruzen understood everything from that sentence alone.

"Okay. Follow me to the jinchuriki's location. Alert all the chunin and genin to evacuate the civilians. Inform the jonin to guard the jinchuriki's location and stand by for backup!"

"Understood, sir!" Then, they all turned into shadows and rushed to Naruto's direction.

"Nine-tails! Have you finally awoken?!"