41: Konoha Crush (1): The Fox and the Tanuki

Chapter 41: Konoha Crush (1): The Fox and the Tanuki.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

End Banner has something to say: Sorry about the lack of update. I changed the upload schedule to every Saturday, and I plan on uploading 2-3 chapters every Saturday.

SHINE...

Beams of golden yellow cascaded down from the heavens like the clouds were draped in a golden silk fabric as the gods lay peacefully in the tranquil pure world, watching over the mortals below the clouds.

The bright, yellow star that gave life to the world radiated in a brilliant show of life as it slowly reached its peak in the middle of the blue sky while the fluffy cotton-like white clouds slid around the blue atmosphere, blocking the fiery enthusiasm of the hot sun.

BOOM!

Suddenly, a loud thundering roar bellowed from the high, untouchable Kage Observation Box and a thick cloud of grey smoke rose into the blue skies. From the arena, ninjas looked up to see the commotion, only for their hearts to drop as they saw with their chakra-infused eyes the Kazekage holding the Hokage hostage with a kunai on the latter's neck. Meanwhile, the Shadow Hokage was idly watching the situation with his hands on his back.

At the same time, in the arena, Naruto lifted his hand and let the white, outwardly holy feathers float behind his back to maintain the angelic feather wings.

"This is a neat Genjutsu," Naruto muttered as he picked a feather that was floating in front of him. Behind the feather was the blurred figure of a partially-transformed Gaara, growling uncontrollably with saliva running down his mouth like a mad wolf restless to devour his prey.

"Unfortunately," Naruto said as he opened his hand to let the feather land on his palm.

CRUNCH—

"It will never work on me," Naruto smirked as he watched Gaara behind his clenched fist. When he saw Gaara gradually stabilizing his mind, he opened his hand and let the white, glowing dust float around where he crushed the feather. Behind him, the white feathers he controlled using chakra strings crumbled as they turn into white dust.

"So holy yet unholy at the same time," Naruto muttered when a concentrated beam of sunlight landed on Gaara's appearance. Except for his legs, he was covered in a thick layer of sand with dark blue symbols strewn across his body.

"Go on, finish your transformation. The way you are now, you have no chance against me," Naruto said while waving his hand to disperse the white dust obstructing his vision.

Gaara narrowed his eyes and frowned. "You are very arrogant, Uchiyama..."

"No, my name is not Hiroko Uchiyama," Naruto shook his head after interrupting the boy with auburn hair. "Today, I, Naruto Uzumaki, will show you the strength of the deviant. Remember my name, Gaara."

Hearing Naruto's proclamation, Gaara cackled wildly. "The strength of a deviant? That's one way to call it. Well then, Uzumaki, I like your style. Because of that, I'll show you my true strength!"

When Gaara's words fell, the sand and dust on the ground floated upward and rushed toward Gaara as if the latter had turned into a magnet.

"What a unique technique. I really want to study it," Naruto murmured and after ten seconds, he saw Gaara's fully transformed body. 'He looks like the miniature One-Tailed Beast,' inside his mind, the fox commented.