Land of Waves (2): Gatō, Zabuza, and Haku.

Chapter 25: Land of Waves (2): Gatō, Zabuza, and Haku.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

End Banner: A SPECIAL THANKS to Michel Smith for supporting and helping me! CHAPTERS 24 and 25 will be out early today, and we're planning on rewriting the first chapters of the story to make things more engaging and less confusing. Apologies to those who were confused by my chaotic writing.

A thick fog covered the stone bridge as if a cloud had fallen on the ground. At the center of the white fog was a silver-haired ninja, whose hair stood up like grass. He was wearing a dark blue mask that covered his mouth and nose, and his forehead protector was loosely hanging on his head, covering his left eye.

"Hmn..."

The silver-haired ninja groaned and lifted his forehead protector, revealing a scarlet pupil with three black tomoe, slowly spinning clockwise.

'Where is he...?'

Kakashi looked around but found that it was useless. Even with the perception of the sharingan, he could barely see his hands, let alone the enemy hiding in the fog.

Vrrr...crack—crack...

When Kakashi sensed the chakra spike behind him, and then the stone bridge below crack and shake, he looked back and saw the special jonin, Habiki, use an earth-style jutsu to cover Yukito, the bridge builder, and the six genins.

When Habiki sensed his gaze, he nodded at him. Seeing his nod, Kakashi breathed a sigh of relief and allowed himself to focus all his attention on Zabuza, the person behind this Hiding in the Mist jutsu.

"Tsk, why are there two leaf ninjas?"

Zabuza muttered, his voice hoarse and heavy.

'What the hell is he doing, muttering by himself...?"

After locating Zabuza's location through his voice, Kakashi didn't waste any time and weaved a series of hand seals in less than a second, "Fire Style: Great Fireball Jutsu!"

FOOOOO—!

As expected, Zabuza dodged from a mile away, but that wasn't Kakashi's intent. His real goal was to thin out the fog so that Zabuza's advantage would fade a little.

The fog was created with chakra, so to counter it, you needed to attack the fog with chakra-based attacks. Of course, blowing it away using wind style was better, but Kakashi's elemental affinity was lightning, he had a terrible affinity with the wind element.

"Chidori!"

SHAAAA—crackle—crackle—crackle!

Kakashi yelled, his palm covered in lightning chakra. His sharingan eye was constantly spinning, tracking the person hiding in the mist.

"As expected of the copycat ninja, I can't hide in front of your sharingan eye."

As a dark shadowy figure slowly walked out, it revealed a tall man with dull, pale skin. The lower half of his face was covered in bandages, and in his hand was a giant, great sword. It was the executioner's blade, one of the seven swords of the village hidden in the mist.

The one wielding it, Zabuza Momochi, is one of the seven swordsmen of the mist.

Seeing Zabuza appear, Kakashi didn't hesitate and charged at Zabuza like an arrow being launched. Zabuza tried to block Kakashi with his sword, but Kakashi used body flicker to appear behind Zabuza, stabbing him in the chest.