33: Chunin Exams (5): The Second Phase Ends

Chapter 33: Chunin Exams (5): The Second Phase Ends.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Crack—Crack—BANG!

The wall of earth exploded with a bang like a firework. Tenten narrowed her eyes and yanked a scroll open, just before the earth debris dirtied her white clothes, "UNSEAL," she whispers.

SHHHH—BANG!

When the water bullet struck her second earth wall, Tenten broke out in cold sweat.

"Phew," Tenten wiped the cold sweat off her forehead as she looks at the trembling wall in front of her.

Thankfully, the second wall didn't fall like the first.

'What a powerful water-style jutsu!'

Crack... crack...

'That wasn't enough?'

Tenten frowned and jumped sideways, her gaze locking on the girl responsible for the attack. The other girl saw her too, aiming for her body as soon as she saw her leave the earth wall.

Tenten smirked and took a scroll from the inside of her clothes. "Heh, have a taste of this!"

Before Akemi could launch another water bullet, Tenten threw two, long scrolls above Akemi's head,

Before Akemi launched another water bullet, Tenten threw two long scrolls above Akemi's head and spun like a vortex in mid-air.

Akemi frowned, canceling her water bullet jutsu, and weaving hand seals while watching the scrolls spinning around her. "Water Style: Water Wall Jutsu," she mumbles.

"UNSEAL!"

Tenten channeled her chakra into her hands which was formed into a tiger seal.

POOF! POOF! POOF!
BANG! BANG! BANG!

Akemi frowned as she eyes the trembling water wall. Beyond the semi-transparent water wall, she could see the rain of weapons coming out of the scrolls.

'Thankfully, I was cautious.'

Or else she would be a hedgehog right now.

'But... I'm out of chakra!'

As if to prove her thoughts, the water wall started to thin, and a few weapons made it through the water wall. Akemi was a ninja, so she can dodge the weapons for now, but what would happen if the water wall collapsed?

'Sigh,' Akemi's lips form a flat line. "I... I give up!"

Tenten smirked, and the proctor jumped down from the balcony and signaled for her to stop her weapons. She complied by recalling and deactivating the seals on both scrolls.

Shhhhh... Drip. Drip. Drip.

When Akemi canceled the water wall, she was panting and her body was trembling, but when she saw Tenten's leisurely smile with her arms lazily dangling by her side, her eyes twitched.

'This bitch...' In the end, Akemi was the loser and she has to accept her defeat.

While walking up the stairs, a gloomy cloud hovered above her head. When she reached her teammates, she was greeted by two frowns and two pairs of worried eyes.

"You guys..."

Akemi smiled, much to the relief of both boys.

"Temari of the hidden sand village and Choji Akimichi of the hidden leaf village, please come down to the arena!"