3: Troubles in Chakra Training

Chapter 3: Troubles in Chakra Training.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Author's Note (Endbanner: Lol, told you.): First of all, thank you to those who reviewed the story, and as suggested, I will be changing the currency used in the story to Ryo (1 Ryo is roughly equal to 1 cent, and 100 Ryo is roughly equal to 1 dollar)!

"Ha... Ha... Ha..."

In the middle of the room, a young boy sat on a chair, his hair sticking to his forehead, his back soaked in sweat. His breathing was rough and his throat was dry. It felt like he hadn't drunk a drop of water for a whole year!

"Urgh?!"

Suddenly, the boy leaned forward, falling off the chair with one hand covering his mouth.

Gulp!

Eyes shaking, the boy gulped whatever threatened to come out of his mouth, used his other hand to support himself, and stood up while leaning against the wall.

'This is...' the boy thought, 'I should've paid more attention...!'

[Flashback; A week ago]

Returning from the library, Naruto walked around the village before heading home. It wasn't that he wants to tour around the village, no way! He hated walking around the village!

He walked around the village only because he wanted to find a shop that sold ink and paper. In the end, he found none, but he wasn't dismayed. 'Since there aren't any shops here that sell ink and paper, I'll have to look into other areas of the village.'

Once he reached his apartment, the first thing that Naruto did was lay down in his bed.

'So... tired...' Forgetting about his grumbling stomach, Naruto succumbed to his fate and closed his heavy eyelids, entering slumber town. All the reading he did back at the library made him tired and after walking around the village, Naruto couldn't take it anymore and slept until the next dawn.

"Yawn!"

Standing up, Naruto prepared breakfast. Today's breakfast is simple: eggs, bread, and a glass of milk. Glancing at the wall clock, '8:20', Naruto sat on a chair.

Crunch—!

Chewing the crunchy slice of bread that he toasted, Naruto recalled the books he read yesterday. 'According to what I read yesterday, I should be able to sense my chakra as I already have the beginnings of a chakra system.'

Gulping down the glass of milk, Naruto washed the dishes and utensils he used and swept the floor clean with a broom. After doing so, he pulled out a carpet from under his bed and spread it open on the floor. After locking the door and closing the windows, Naruto smiled and patted away the imaginary dust on his shoulders. Then, he sat on the carpet.

'At last, I can start my training! With this, my dream of learning fuinjutsu is one step closer!' Grinning, Naruto closed his eyes and took deep breaths to calm down.

"Fuuu— Haa..."

A few minutes later, Naruto felt that he was calm enough and tried to sense his chakra.

'... Oops, I don't know how to sense chakra!'

Thankfully, after some trial and error, Naruto felt something warm inside him and realized that it was his chakra. Focusing on the feeling, Naruto concentrated.

'So bright!' Resisting the urge to open his eyes, Naruto kept "feeling" his chakra to get used to it.

'I didn't know chakra would be so bright and... intense! Like fire, but without the pain! It even feels a little warm... Is this what those ninjas feel every day? Hmm... I wonder if my chakra is a lot or very little.'