36: Chunin Exams (8): The God with Broken Wings

Chapter 36: Chunin Exams (8): The God with Broken Wings.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

End Banner has something to say: We finally hit over 100k words in this story! Let's aim for 200k words next, thank you for your love and support!

Special shout-out to my patrons for helping me throughout this journey!
Michel Smith, Crow, Matthew Briggs, I am lord dems, Joseph Hollon, lemon Play, and Ian Murphy!

My hair flew to the side, the wind carrying a lavender scent. It reminded me of someone, but the smell seemed a little different, a little sweeter, rather than the strong, fresh smell she was used to. "Hiroko is my teammate, and that's all I know, Konoha ninja." I sneered. This guy is so arrogant, isn't he afraid of having his face slapped later on?

Benjiro laughed, the rays of sunlight illuminating his face and highlighting his bright blue eyes that mimicked the sky. "It's fine if Akemi-san doesn't know anything," Benjiro shrugged. "I'm sure Hiroko-san will be kind enough to tell us his real identity."

My heart dropped, and my eyes narrowed. "Is that a threat?" I asked, though I already knew the answer. My fingers were twitching. I'm already trying my best to restrain myself, otherwise, this bastard will already resemble a porcupine.

Wind against water, I'm curious who will win if we clash.

"No!" Benjiro hurriedly shook his head, his hair flying from side to side. "How could I threaten an ally? I'm merely saying that if we ask Hiroko-san directly," Benjiro smiled, his eyes curled like crescent moons, "then he will tell us who he is."

"You..." My blood was already boiling, and with this guy, I fear that my blood will turn into gas. "Ah!" From the side, I heard a voice, and the lavender scent became stronger. "If it isn't Benjiro-kun and Akemi-san."

I turn my head, and Benjiro did the same. We were greeted by Konoha's team 8, consisting of a Hyuga, an Inuzuka, and an Aburame. The Inuzuka had a lazy look, while the Aburame looked as if he wanted to turn into a sculpture. My eyes turned to gaze at Hinata, the one who called us.

"Are you two doing anything?" Hinata smiled. "If not, why don't you join us? We're going to a ramen shop that became popular these days. It's called Ichiraku Ramen."

"Sure thing, Hinata-san." Though I don't think I and Hinata had many interactions before, I'm not going to refuse an angel sent to lift me from hell. "Then, I'm going too," it would've been better if the devil didn't cling to my foot.

SLUUUUURP—! SIIIIIP—!

"Khu! These noodles are too good!"
"Fuck, this broth is made by angels!"

Hearing the other person's voice, I turned and saw Benjiro. He was also looking at me, and then I realized that we spoke exactly at the same time. My face started to heat up, and I quickly averted my gaze. 'Phew, that bowl of ramen was too good!' I was sweating all over from eating the steaming hot ramen as soon as it touched the table.

"Quite the eater, aren't you?" My ears twitched when I felt a hot breath brush over my ears. "What are you doing?!" I glared at the culprit. His bright blue eyes shone with untold intentions, and his smile crept up like a devil's grin, so why is my face getting hotter?!

Suddenly, Benjiro was pushed away by a hand, and I turned to see Hinata with a smile on her face. She waved lightly at me and then gestured toward her other teammates. "We're going now, goodbye, Akemi-san!"