Chapter 42: Konoha Crush (2): Lonely Boy in a Desert

Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

Note: There's been a change in schedule. Chapters will now be uploaded daily (after a while, the chapters will become shorter to support the daily upload)!

As sand floats in the air, the wind blows from the middle of the arena, pushing away the cloud of dust that was blocking the mountain-sized sand tanuki who manifested in the middle of the arena.

"He lost control," the ninja with red hair muttered while letting out a sigh.

On top of the mountain-sized sand tanuki was a boy with similar hair to the crimson-haired ninja, but his eyes were tightly closed, his head listlessly dangling from his neck with his arms swaying along with the wind's blow, and his lower body was buried in the sand giant's head.

The giant sand tanuki's teeth were jagged, forming stalagmite and stalactite teeth made of sand with the sharpness of a steel spike, and he had a pair of golden pupils with four-pointed black stars surrounded by four small orbs for an iris. The tanuki had no visible sclera as his eyes were surrounded by pools of black as if a pen had lingered on one spot in a piece of paper for too long, and his body had long gigantic symbols reminiscent of Fuinjutsu.

The tanuki parted his mouth to reveal a bottomless throat that led all the way to the void and release a shrill laughter that could only be described as "ghastly." When his eyes darted downward, his "eyebrows" which were purely made of sand and had no defining feature furrowed, making his eyes seem narrow while the sand on his body began rippling as if it was boiling.

"You damned fox! I'll put you and your vessel in your damned place!" The One Tails bellowed, his breath containing his malicious chakra making the air hotter, damp, and sticky. When Naruto narrowed his eyes, he could see a faint veil of red the One Tails chakra covering the air around them as the chakra faintly suppressed any chakra source that it touched.

'How shrewd,' nevertheless, Naruto shook his head and didn't assume a fighting stance. For his plan to work, he has to whitewash and convince this crazy sand giant. Naruto oiled his tongue and tried to strike up a proper conversation, "One Tails, why don't we talk?"

He said it as calmly as he could, getting rid of all deceit and dishonesty in his heart, but to the One Tail's ears, he only made a ridiculous joke.

"Me? You want ME to talk with a HUMAN?! Impossible, DIE!"

SZWOOO—!

"What a rowdy guy," Naruto chuckled as he watched the tanuki spit out several thick and dense wind blades in his direction. SLICE! Even as the wind separated his body into two halves, the playful expression on his face never left—POOF!

On the arena roof that sheltered the unconscious civilians, Naruto smiled while looking at the One Tails slowly turning body. FOOSH! He glanced down for a moment when he saw at the corner of his eyes two shadow figures flicker in front of the sand giant.

'His siblings are here?' Naruto's heart held some shock seeing Gaara's two siblings choose to protect their brother instead of running away like what their Jonin sensei did the moment Gaara started cackling maniacally.

'That's interesting,' Naruto thought, an unknown light glimmering in his eyes. "Adamantine Sealing Chains," he whispered, and from his back sprouted two, arm-thick crimson chakra chains that buried themselves deep into the ground.