Land of Whirlpools (4): Bandit Leaders

Chapter 18: Land of Whirlpools (4): The Three Bandit Leaders.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

A/N: Thank you to Michel Smith for being my first patron!

Foooo—wooooshh

Menma opened his eyes, using his hand to brush off the hair that blocked his eyes. It was unnecessary, the wind blew off his hair for him. After putting his hand down, Menma looked around, watching thousands of bandits slowly surround him like ants surrounding their prey.

The bandits were wearing a variety of clothing. Nearly all the female bandits were wearing very revealing clothes as if they wanted to seduce all the other male bandits. Half of the males were wearing dark clothes that hid all of their skin. The remaining half of the males were wearing simple white clothes. Some of them weren't wearing anything but white pants.

Menma couldn't recognize two-thirds of the bandits, but he could recognize the bandits who wore white clothes.

While watching the bandits surround him, Menma was deep in thought, his mind itching to yank Ichiro from wherever he went and stab him with wooden stakes, 'Where is Ichiro? What the hell happened to him?'

After Ichiro left to spy on the bandit base, Menma waited for a whole week but Ichiro never showed up. Not even his ghost could be seen... 'Do puppets have ghosts?'

Either way, at first, Menma debated whether to sneak into the White Bear bandit's base or to raid it. However, he decided to watch them first. He was confident in Ichiro's survival and his stealth.

Because he wrote seals on Ichiro's body before he woke him up when they arrived at the land of fire. Those seals would make Ichiro have the presence of a ghost. In short, unless a bandit looked him straight in the eye, they wouldn't be able to see Ichiro or sense his presence.

Spying on the enemy takes time and a great deal of patience. As a spy, being impatient is taboo. If you were impatient, the best-case scenario is that you don't get any useful information, and the worst-case scenario is that you get caught and killed.

That's why Menma remained calm and waited for Ichiro's return, but when he saw countless bandits pour into the White Bear bandit's base to fortify it, he was convinced that Ichiro had somehow been caught. Now, Menma had no reason to hide.

If Ichiro had been caught, then his presence was known to the enemy as well. The bandits were in the dark, while he was out in the open, foolishly hiding behind a bush when his enemy was behind him all along.

"WHERE IS SHIROKUMA?!"

Menma's roar thundered across the forest like the call of a mighty lion. The hyenas all jolted, but they didn't back down. They had confidence in their numbers. No matter how mighty, a single lion can't defeat a hundred hyenas, let alone thousands.

"RAAAAA!"

The bandits roared back, waving their swords and knives high in the air like rebels fighting against a tyrant.

"CHARGEEEEEE!"

Seeing the tide of bandits rush at him like hungry wolves, Menma scoffed, disdainful of ignorant ants trying to kill a human.

"Fools."

WOOoo—

Menma raised his arm, throwing a two-foot-long scroll high into the air. The bandits were only 300 meters away from him.

Then, Menma took out three small bottles of ink and spilled their contents into the air.

"Fuuinjutsu: Nagareru Onmyō (Flowing Yin Yang)"