45: Akatsuki and Sage Mode

Chapter 45: Akatsuki and Sage Mode
Arc: Konoha Crush

Disclaimer:
I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto, please support the original work.

RUMBLEEE...

FOOOSH—BANG—POOF!

As the rooftop trembled below their feet, Jiraiya frowned, watching the cloud of white smoke envelop the area. The cloud of white smoke was once his godson.

"Danzo, what is the meaning of this?"

Just moments ago, the two were spitting venom left, right, and center and he was trying to calm the two demons down. As a Vacuum Bullet fly past him and put a hole through Naruto's head, he looked at Danzo, his eyes chaotic and muddled as a fire raged inside his onyx-black pupils.

'Thankfully, it was just a clone,' Jiraiya sighed in relief, blinking his eyes to hide his thunderstorm of emotions. 'I shouldn't have relaxed next to a hunter.'

Especially when the hunter was hunting a fox, and the fox was someone precious to him.

As he picked up his heart that fell to the ground, Jiraiya took a couple more deep breaths, further clearing his mind. He, Tsunade, and Hiruzen had a mission, and he nearly ruined it just then. 'I almost summoned Gamabunta. Now's not the time, there's no opportunity yet,' Jiraiya thought as he calmly eyed their target.

Danzo had a frown that could scare even a Chunin as he spoke with a venom-laced tone. "Jiraiya of the Sannin, do not interfere. This is the business of Konoha and I will take back what rightfully belongs to the village," he said and waved his hand.

"ROOT, find and incapacitate Naruto Uzumaki. He is branded as a criminal from now on!"

FWOOSH!

"UNDERSTOOD," came the reply from dozens of ROOT ninjas, but before they could flicker away, Hiruzen yelled out, "ANBU, STOP THEM!"

STAB! FOOSH—THUD!

Seeing one ROOT ninja drop to the floor motionless, Danzo narrowed his eyes and glared at the Hokage. "Hiruzen, do you know what you're doing? The Kyuubi is escaping our grasp! We already lost him for TWO YEARS and I won't tolerate him slipping through my fingers one more time," Danzo yelled.

Hiruzen chuckled when Danzo's tongue slipped. 'I wonder why you're so angry, Danzo. You don't even realize that you're being uncharacteristic,' Hiruzen mused before he spoke.

"You see, unlike you who treat ninjas as mere tools, I treat my ninjas as my own people. Similar to how I treat the villagers who trust me," Hiruzen shrugged. "Konoha is strong enough without the Nine Tails. As proof, we came out on top of three shinobi world wars without using our Bijuu. I've long accepted the fact that Kyuubi no Yoko is no longer with us, and I only hope to ally with him," Hiruzen finished and watched as Danzo's face turned darker than ink.

"You..." Danzo growled and clenched his fists. Then, his whole demeanor relaxed as he stared at Hiruzen for a few seconds before replying, "What utter bullshit. The first Hokage kept the Kyuubi in our hands for a reason. I won't tolerate an incompetent Hokage tossing the Nine Tails away just because of some sentimental reason," Danzo scoffed and formed a hand seal, "Wind Style: Vacuum Bullet!"

FZOOOOO

"DANZO!" Caught off-guard, Hiruzen stared wide-eyed as his advisor attack him at point-blank range. As he was about to make a quick defensive ninjutsu, Jiraiya flashed in front of him and finished a series of hand seals in the blink of an eye.