39: Chunin Exams (11): Shikamaru Nara

Chapter 39: Chunin Exams (11): Shikamaru Nara.
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Naruto. Naruto is the work of Masashi Kishimoto.

"HA!"

"UNSEAL!"

Just as the battle fan was one inch away from Tenten's spine, a chakra-metal hand shield appeared in a puff of smoke between her body and Temari's fan.

'Too close!'

BANG!

Tenten's body flew like an arrow toward the edge of the arena. While in mid-air, she twisted her body using extreme agility and chakra to land on the ground with grace while clutching the chakra-metal shield on her left hand.

'The shield is too thin, it actually bent after being hit by a fan...'

Tenten sighed. Chakra metal is too expensive and the shield in her hand is only 25% chakra metal.

'Her fan should also be made of chakra metal, otherwise, it wouldn't be so strong...' She looked at Temari's lean body. '...and light.'

POOF!

"WHAT?! UNSEA—"

Seeing Temari disappear in a puff of smoke, Tenten reacted after a second of delay.

BANG!

"UGH—COUGH!"

But she was a little too slow.

"Gotcha," Temari smirked.

BAM! SPLASH!

Tenten's body slammed on the muddy ground below. The water had been absorbed by the soil at some point and turned the ground into mud. Above Tenten's body, Temari landed and stomped on her unconscious head.

BAM! CRACK—

Then, she used her fan and slammed it on Tenten's back. Genma frowned when seeing this and quickly stopped the match by announcing.

"WINNER! Temari of the Hidden Sand Village!"

After Genma announced the end of the match, the crowd turned rowdy. Not because of excitement but instead disappointment.

"She's so weak!"

"Why is she in the quarter-finals?"

"What a waste of time!"

"BOOO!"

Hearing the crowd around them, Neji and Lee frowned. Just as Lee was about to stand up, Neji tugged on his arm and shook his head. "But Tenten-san—"

"Leave it be. Nothing will happen even if you stand up for her. Besides, how can you even stand?" Neji said with a cold tone as he glanced at the crowd. He can understand their disappointment, but why should they throw trash toward his teammate?

"Let's go to the medical staff and see if she's okay," Neji suggested and stood up, not seeing the disbelieving look of Rock Lee.

'Neji-san, Neji Hyuga, is going to visit someone in the hospital? Did I wake up in the wrong world?' Lee wiped his eyes for a few seconds.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing! Let's go see Tenten!"

Lee smiled when Neji looked back, but once Neji turned back to keep walking, the smile on Lee's face vanished and was replaced by a frown. 'What is happening to the world?'