Chapter Forty Four

PARI'S POV

It's been few days since that incident and Veer is trying really hard to act normal but the nightmares he gets says otherwise.

He still holds himself accountable for whatever has happened with our baby.

I know it hurts him just as much it hurts me but it hurts him more since he was the one who had buried our baby.

He acts as if nothing is bothering him. He goes to work and buries himself in work to get rid of the thoughts. When he comes back home his whole attention is on me.

I had to beg him to go to work because he missed for months. After the promise from Alia that she's gonna take care of me he agreed.

But still even if he is at work he's attention is here. Calling every now and then to ask if I ate, if I had my medicines, if I slept.

Right now he's staring at me and I really do know what that look means. Huffing I laid on bed while he got to work like he always goes.

Taking my clothes off he massaged my whole body. Don't know why the doctors told him to massage me to make the blood circulation flow better. Its been fews days and the doctors said to stop doing it but he still does it.

Making me wear his boxers and shirt, he took his shirt and pants off and Cuddled me.

Caressing my head to make me sleep and I as always pretend to because I know what happens after I fall asleep.

AUTHORS POV

After 30 minutes more of caressing Pari's head, Veer settles himself on her tummy.

Caressing it and holding it while he spilled silent tears.

His hold on her got tight as he choked on sob trying to be quiet.

"I'm so sorry baby, I'm so sorry my love. Its all my fault, I couldn't protect our little bean".

"I should be the one dead and gone not h-him".

Veer quieten down as he felt Pari's hand on his head.

Looking up he saw her looking at him with tears in her eyes.

"I- I'm sorry".

"Shush. It's not your fault".

Pari gestured Veer to come up in her arms by stretching her hands. Veer got up and kept his head on chest. Snuffing his face.

Pari held him tight feeling the warmth of his tears.

"Veer look at me. Its not your fault. Whatever happened was written in our destiny my love".

"But".

"No, Veer I'm right here and I'm not going anywhere but it seems like you are going far from me".

"Please Veer I already lost so much, I can't afford to lose you. You and our family are the only one for me and my world is incomplete without you all".

Veer's lips wobble as he stopped his cries.

"I'm here".

Pari held his head as he stuffed it on her neck and Cuddled him closer leaving no space between them.

"It's not your fault and it never will be".

"I can't stand here and watch the love of my life blame himself for something that wasn't in his control".

"It hurts Veer and more then pain it kills me".

"Whatever we have lost I'm pretty sure that Shivji will bless us more than that".