4. (Not) A Casual Meet

Prisha

I am standing outside my hospital to hail a cab to home as my car is sent for servicing. Then, I saw my colleague and friend walking toward me.

"Hey!" I greeted her.

"Hey!" She chirped.

"Going somewhere?" She asked me looking at me.

"Home actually!" I replied.

"Can we grab a coffee? I want to discuss a patient with you." She said in a tone as if she is unsure about asking me.

"Sure! I am free anyways." I replied and we walked to a nearby cafe after canceling my cab.

We went in and settled down seeing a vacant table.

"So, this particular girl..." She explained the case which seems to be complicated as all her tests turned negative but her condition is indicating otherwise.

We discussed a few possibilities and decided to run a few more tests the next day. We are having our coffee when she suddenly got a call from her family and she had to leave.

I decided to finish my coffee as I am free for the rest of the day.

I am taking slow sips of my coffee devouring its taste.

"Hey, doc!" I heard a voice and I turned around. It's Nishal!

"Hi, Nishal!" I smiled at him. Aditya also came with him.

I am getting quite interested in knowing more about Aditya for some unknown reasons.

"Hi!" I wished Aditya.

"Hi!" He wished back with a small smile adorning his lips.

"Is this seat taken?" Nishal asked being formal.

"No gentleman! You can have it." I replied trying to irk him with my formality.

"Thank you, lady!" He said bowing and taking the seat. Aditya too sat adjacent to him.

"What are you doing in this area?" I asked them taking another sip of my coffee.

"We will say that later. First, order something for us!" He said and I requested the waiter for two more coffees.

"Don't tell me you are here to keep an eye on someone!" I said in a jovial tone.

"We are here for that!" Aditya replied and I almost no I actually choked on my coffee. 

I took a few tissues and cleaned my mess and looked at him.

"We are here to observe the man behind you!" He said taking a sip of his coffee.

"Is he a criminal?" I asked feeling uneasy to be seated between police and criminal.

"A very dangerous one. He killed 5 people!" He started having another sip of his coffee as if he didn't scare the shit out of me just now.

"And I am sitting exactly in the middle of both of you?" I asked hoping it was not the case.

"Yes." He replied and my hands started shivering with my heart pondering in my chest.

"I am going, bye!" I said and was about to get up but he gestured for me to sit and I did.

"What? I don't want to die in one of your hands!" I stated. There is no way in the hell I am going to die now. My life was filled with books and labs till now. Let me at least enjoy a few days before I die.

"Nothing will happen to you. And if you leave now he will get suspicious." He replied.

"Act normal!" Nishal said earning a glare from me.  This idiot came to me when they are on a mission and now asking me to act normal as if I will meet criminals and cops daily. Well, I don't mind meeting the cop sitting across me but that's an entirely different matter.

"I will kill you!" I whisper-yelled at him and Aditya smiled looking at us. He looks damn hot while smiling.

 "You are thinking about his hotness while you are struck between two cops and a few criminals and you don't even know if you can get out of here alive" my conscience mocked me.

"Is he still here?" I asked Aditya and he nodded positively.

I just sat there looking at him to divert myself from the fear of being struck here in such a situation.

"When can I  leave?" I asked Nishal.

"After he leaves!" He replied in a matter-of-fact tone.

"So, When will he leave?" I asked again.

"No idea!" He replied.

"Great!" I said sarcastically and called the waiter for another coffee as my previous one is over and I am anxious.

"Don't drink too much coffee Prisha. It's not good for your health." Aditya said but I am unable to figure out where he is looking. Wow, now I am being advised about not having caffeine when I spent most of my days with it.

"But I am stressed and I don't have any chocolate!" I replied I don't know in which tone it came out. This situation is scarier than Mishra sir's anatomy class.

"Here! Have it." He passed me a chocolate. I am surprised will be an understatement. It's not that boys won't eat chocolates but who carries chocolate with them while following a criminal?

I took the chocolate and started having it. 

After some time the man left there and we too got up to leave.

"Why are you following him instead of arresting him?"  I asked them. Well, I can't control my curiosity at all.

"Because he will take us to someone who we are searching for" Aditya replied putting on his eyeglasses.

"How will you go?" He asked.

"I'll hail a cab" I replied.

"Text Nishal the cab number and inform us after reaching home!" He said getting into his car.

His care made me feel different. Maybe he cares for the safety of every citizen as a part of his duty but I still felt happy when he showed concern toward me. Wait! But why did both of them talk about their plan with me? Will they do this with every citizen too?

My cab arrived in a few minutes and I reached home before 5 pm. It's my early off and I don't have duty tomorrow too. I pulled my hair into a messy bun and started watching my favorite shows with chips and coke in my hands. I am sitting on my comfortable sofa with lights turned off and a cushion on my stomach and chips in my mouth. 

Finally, I turned off the TV at 1 am and went to bed. Sleep engulfed me as soon as my body got into contact with the soft mattress. I slept like a log.

I woke up brushed my teeth had some milk and slept again.

I woke up and looked at the clock. It's almost evening. I slept the whole day! I don't regret it. Who regrets sleeping anyhow?

I prepared some juice for myself and had it after taking a relaxing bath.

I changed into my jumpsuit and walked out to get some groceries.

I decided to walk as the supermarket is nearby. I locked my door and went to the supermarket and bought all the necessary items along with a lot of chips and chocolates. I grabbed an ice cream from the freezer and walked out after paying. 

I am walking on the footpath with shopping bags in one hand and ice cream in the other. The cool breeze is relaxing me.

I reached home and started with my show again.