40. Kidnap

Adithya

After I left Prisha at her doorstep and made sure she locked the door from the inside, I walked to my home and called Nihal. He must be asleep by now but the information is important too.

"Adi, what the hell man? Why are you calling me at this time?" Nihal chided as soon as he answered the call. He was in deep sleep.

"Cuz I found a clue. A couple with similar tattoos visited Prisha's hospital twice. They will be coming there the day after tomorrow too. " I informed and it perked his interest.

"What? Who are they of the people we found out?" Nihal asked excitedly. Of course, he is excited. We are going to solve one of our headaches. 

"I don't know much about it and Prisha looked really pissed seeing those tattoos. So, I didn't bug her more. I will ask her brother about the patient records later," I informed and the other side boomed with his laughter. Why the hell was he laughing?

"Wow Adi, DCP Adithya Malhotra got scared of our little Prisha? I should definitely share this with Ishu." He uttered amid his laughter. Ishu. It's been a log time since I spoke to her. I didn't get any time after coming back form the Palace. She called me recently informing me about her pregnancy. Our little sister is going to become a mother.

"Shut up! I am not scared of her. And you are not going to say anything to Ishu." I warned but I know he is going to gossip about it with Ishu. I asked him to come to my place in the morning and cut the call.

Two days later 

Today is the day Prisha asked the couple to come back for their reports and to discuss further treatment plans. I insisted on taking her to the hospital but that stubborn rabbit hopped there on her own. I will have to teach her a lesson once this case is solved.

Lesson? What kind of lesson?

My thoughts drifted to not-so-innocent ways of punishing her and I felt something twitch in my pants. No, Adi, we are here to solve a case. I diverted myself and peeked up at the people walking in the corridor. 

I am currently sitting in front of Prisha's cabin, disguised as a patient's relative keeping a close eye on the people around. If you are wondering who's the patient then it is our, Dramebaaz Nihal. His wonderful acting at times convinced his doctor mother into believing he was sick so that he could bunk classes. 

"Oye idiot, couldn't you come up with some other disease?" I heard him curse and I rolled my eyes at him. If he's just acting then how does it matter if he's acting like a patient suffering from piles? I just heard a man using that word and said the same when the receptionist asked me about the problem of my brother.

"I will tell Prisha about you keeping an eye on her without her knowledge," He threatened with a smirk dancing on his lips. I am not exactly spying on her, I am just making sure those criminals won't hurt her while she informs us about their arrival.

"I am not spying on her, now concentrate on your work," I ordered with finality in my tone, and he too started concentrating on his work after that. 

"Adi seems like they are here," Nihal muttered pulling my attention towards a couple, the social media influencer couple in our list to be precise. I nodded at him and waited until they entered Prisha's cabin. 

I texted her to stay away from them and moved to her cabin. I locked the door as soon as I entered not leaving them a chance to escape.

"Hands up!" I demanded, pointing my gun at the man while Nihal too pointed his gun at the woman beside him. What we didn't expect was for the woman to pull Prisha in front of her and point her gun at Prisha's temple.

"Leave her," I urged, my tone filled with urgency. My heart skipped a few beats seeing my love at the end of the gun. Panic rose in me but Prisha blinked her eyes assuringly urging me to keep my calm and I took deep breaths to calm myself down.

"Give us way or I will kill this doctor," The lady yelled and pressed the gun to Prisha's temple on seeing both of us standing still without moving. I looked at Prisha who picked a scalpel sneakily. She blinked up at me and in a swift motion pushed the scalpel into the lady's thigh making her yelp in pain.

It gave me the momentary distraction I needed and I launched myself across the table and pulled out the gun from the lady's hand while Nihal locked the man to the door. 

"Now let's get you home," I seethed and pulled both of them out of the hospital. A lady constable took charge of the woman while Nihal took the man to the jeep. That man seemed very relaxed about everything while the woman was shivering in fear. 

Now I know whom to target to get my answers!

That man remained mum even after opting for third-degree on him with that stupid smirk intact on his face. what the hell is he so confident about? Who is behind him?

I decided to get my answers from the woman and got one of the lady constables to manipulate her saying how their cruel DCP was going to kill her husband and plan to close the case making him the sole criminal of the case and how he was going to get rid of her.

"Sir, please don't kill my husband. I will give you all the information you want to know," The woman pleaded with me as soon as I entered her cell. I sat there and urged her to speak up. 

The land under my feet slipped when she revealed who was behind them and why they were all doing this. People are really blind in their desires to do such stupidities. 

I called for an emergency meeting with my team as soon as I got all the required information and shared it with all of them. 

"Adi, that's insane. I mean how can they even believe in such shit?" 

"Sir, it's going to be big news. People are going to go against us. We should gather some solid proof to prove him guilty." 

"..." every one of them put forth their views regarding the case and we all listened to each other attentively. If I was able to solve all my cases it was also because of my team who came up with different possible situations we could face following a plan.

"By now, he would have known about them being caught. He would be trying to erase all the evidence. It would be no wonder if he tried to kill them in our custody. Nihal, I want you to stay on duty today and look after them very carefully. I and others will gather all the possible evidence about them,"  I instructed and left the station to get hold of that bastard who killed many innocent people just for his psychic happiness. 

I and my team held raids on all the suspects at a time without any prior intimation and seized all their mobile phones and other belongings which might help us in proving their involvement in the murders. Thankfully we managed to recover similar kinds of dolls form one of the suspects' homes which is going to act as strong evidence for us. 

The main problem now is proving the actual mastermind as guilty. He didn't leave any trace that proves his involvement in this fascia and also made sure to not call any of them personally. We practically have zero evidence against him. But we have to lure him into our trap and make him face the law.

"Sir, Nihal sir asked you to come back to the station as soon as possible," I heard Ajay, one of the inspectors inform me. 

"Did something happen to the people in custody?" I asked and heaved a sigh of relief when he shook his head in no. But the next words he uttered made my heart stop. "Someone abducted Prisha Ma'am from the hospital entrance and they had the same tattoo according to the footage," 

Prisha! Why the hell didn't I provide her with security as soon as I arrested them? Will my rabbit be fine? I have to reach her as soon as possible. I will not let them harm you, rabbit. I will find you as soon as possible. 

She's fine. She's fine! I muttered to myself as I dashed to the police station with my team who carried the seized items.