43. Arrest

Prisha

Bhai left the room to get my discharge papers ready while Adithya sat with me pressed to his side and his hands caressing my hair and back drawing soothing circles on my back. I relaxed into his hold and rested my head on his shoulder.

"Do you wat to eat something, Rabbit?" He asked carefully tucking a hair strand behind my ear. I shook my head in no.

"It was Paramananda Swamy," I spoke and clutched his shirt above his chest in a tight grip. He pulled me onto his lap and I snuggled into his warmth and comfort. 

"I know, baby. I will handle him. You just relax," I laid my head on his chest and tried to divert my mind listening to his heartbeats. He made me sit back when we heard footsteps approaching. I whined at the loss of contact but didn't oppose him. He placed a gentle kiss on my forehead and stood straight as Bhai entered the room.

"We can go home, Priyu. You just need to rest for a week and everything will be alright," bhai explained. After that, Bhai and Adi took me home. Bhai carried me to my room as my leg was sprained and I couldn't walk while Adi trailed behind with my medicines and bag.

"You take rest. I will send juice with someone after a while. I also have surgery to attend. I will ask Bhabi to come back soon. Is that okay baby?" Bhai asked caressing my hair and I nodded my head. Bhai and Adi walked out after Adi gave me a small smile and blinked his eyes assuring me.

I lay there and soon sleep consumed me due to the effect of the medicine.

Adithya

I know our behavior at the hospital raised doubts in our parents and I have to answer their questions but at that time, nothing seemed more important than holding her close to me. I wanted to assure myself that she was really fine and was sitting in front of me. 

The fear I saw in her eyes when Aunty shouted at her made me clench my fists. I don't want her to be scared of anything. She is my strength and I can't see her falling weak. The moment I held her in my hands, I felt alive again. 

When Advith bhai said she was fine and we could take her home, I sighed in relief. We took her home and I had to leave to bring justice to all those innocent families who lost their loved ones due to some stupid swami ji. I promised myself to return to her as soon as I threw that bastard who dared to hurt her behind bars.

After walking out of her home I called Nihal and asked him to get the teams ready to arrest that fake Baba ji. I drove to the station once he replied in positive. We took all the necessary permissions and informed the news channels before proceeding to his Ashram. I want people to see what mishaps their blind beliefs can cause.

"Adi, we are here," My chain of thoughts broke when Nihal nudged my shoulder. I nodded at him and we both got out of our vehicle. I saw many people buying amulets and giving huge donations to the ashram blinded by their beliefs. As we walked further, we reached an open ground where nearly 100 people were sitting on the mats listening to some rubbish that man, that fucking killer was uttering sitting on a higher pavilion.

"Pranam, What are you here for?" A man dressed in pink asked folding his hands in front of us. 

"We are here to arrest Paramananda Swamy," My words created instant chaos as people stood up from their places ready to stop us from doing our duty while that bastard was giving me smug looks. 

"Force," On my command, the officers started pushing the people who were trying to stop us back as I and Nihal walked to the man and made him wear the cuffs. 

"I will be out in a day," He whispered in my ear with that sick smile still plastered on his face. This fucking piece of shit.

"You will, if we take you to the court but we are not," His face turned pale at my reply and he tried to free himself but I held his hand in a death grip and started pulling him out with my team following behind.

The public started to shout slogans against the police but we didn't pay any heed to them as we carried ahead with our duty. We pushed SwamiJi into the van and got in before asking the driver to start driving.

"Where are you taking me?" He roared which all of us ignored and concentrated on the weather outside.

"You can't prove anything in the court. You will lose this case DCP!" He announced at which I turned to him with a smirk.

"Again the same thing! When did I say I am taking you to the station or I am producing you to the court?" Fear crossed his eyes at the seriousness with which I uttered those words. He looked at Nihal and others but every one of them had the same looks on their faces.

"You can't do anything else. You arrested me in front of 100s of people. Your career will end and you will be jailed if you don't take me to court!" He exclaimed at which all of us burst into laughing.

"Acha! What if we kill you right here and tell them that you attacked our inspector Mathur and we had to shoot you in self-defense?" I asked with a smirk and he started shaking his head frantically saying I cannot do that and it was not possible.

"Ramesh! Stop at the next bridge. We will finish him there," I told my driver and sweat started to drip from his forehead. 

"No, no Adithya! You can't do that!" He yelled.

"Really? Do you think I will let you live after hurting my rabbit? You made her cry and anyone who makes her cry doesn't have a right to live!" I yelled back. 

"I will avenge all those innocent lives you took mercilessly. I will end all this today," I added further.

"No, no! I had to kill them for a greater cause. They had to die so that I could become eternal. I want to have all the luxuries and never age. For that I had to sacrifice a few lives. What is a big deal in that?" He exclaimed making my blood boil.

"What's the big deal you ask? Because of your fuckign superstitions those families lost their smiles. They are waiting for justice to be served and I am going to give them that by killing you bastard. Not a big deal right?" I raised my voice and he shuddered in fear. I am not going to kill him. We just wanted his confession and we did get it recorded.

"We are near the bridge. Just 10 minutes more and I will send you directly to god. He will decide whether you will get a place in heaven or hell! Sounds like a plan, right?" I asked at which he glared at me. Like I fucking get scared of his glares.

The van came to a sudden halt making us jerk a little. A smirk formed on that pathetic creature's lips and I knew it was him. I and Nihal shared an eye talk after which I sent a message to the control room before getting down from the vehicle to have some fun. 

Two officers stayed back in the van with Swamiji while all the others started firing back at the goons who attacked us. I was taking shelter behind a police car's door and shooting at the men who seemed to increase in number as more people joined them with each passing minute.

When the situation was going out of our hands, I saw a few people attacking the goons. Soon, we and those people outnumbered the goons and within 15 minutes the situation was back in our control. The people who helped us too disappeared but I knew they were Shivaay's men. I made a mental note to thank nim later and rushed to the van.

The scene in front of me made me mumb as I saw one of my own officers pointing a gun at other and helping that fucking man to remove his cuffs.

"What the hell is happening here?" At my command, the one at gun point turned to me and tried to shoot me but I dodged the bullet in time and kicked his leg which made him fall on his face. Soon, everyone else gathered around us.

"Take both of them and this fucking bastard into custody. Now move to the station," On my command, three of them were cuffed and dragged into the van and this time we reached the station without any attacks and disturbances.

Now no one can save him from his punishment.