7. She's coming!

Aditya

I am sitting in my cabin reading a few case files trying to figure out the connection between a few things. I don't know why but I have a gut feeling that things are not the way they seem to be.

First, a college student commits suicide when her life is going smoothly without any problems. She was neither depressed nor acting weird according to her family and friends. We didn't find any suicide note in her home either. What's the reason for her suicide? Why does a happy girl suddenly decide to end her life? 

It was IG sir's order that I should look into this case on my own, as the girl is very close to him. 

I dialed one of my constables to bring me the details of the girl.

I decided to visit her college once to get more information. I have to talk to her faculty and principal. I drove to her college.

"Jai Hind sir!" My constable saluted to me to which I nodded, removed my glasses, and walked in.

"Good morning sir!" A man in his mid 50's wished me and I replied with a good morning.

"I am Dr. Amardeep Khurana, the principal" He introduced himself and we walked into his cabin.

I sat in his cabin. He called her class teacher and faculty. He introduced me to them.

"Have you noticed any changes in her behavior recently?" I asked them. 

"No sir! She is a bright student and always very active. She recently came back from an expo and was very happy about her participation."  Her class teacher said.

"Who else went with her?" I asked rolling the paper weight kept on the table.

"Manish, Arpitha, and Rishi" She replied.

"Did you talk to them?" I asked my officer to which he nodded negatively.

"Call them here," I said and the principal called someone and asked to send the students to his cabin.

The three entered after some time nervously.

"Did something happen at the expo?" I asked looking at them.

They started gulping their saliva. 

"I asked something," I said in a hard tone which made them jump in their places. They tilted their heads and looked at each other but spoke at last.

"Yes sir! She... She slapped someone there!" Arpitha spoke finally mustering confidence.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Some boy tried to take pictures of girls which made her angry and she slapped him. She also warned him that she can send him to jail. After that, he didn't disturb anyone." She said.

"You can leave for now," I said to them and stood up putting back my glasses.

I walked out of the college with my subordinates following me.

"I want that boy in my office tomorrow morning!" I said to them and left for home.

I reached home after some time. I straight away went to my room and took a relaxing shower. I came out with a towel around my waist and started drying my hair.

I heard the doorbell. Who is it now? I thought but continued with my work.

I came down to have dinner. I saw Ragini Aunty and Bhavya sitting in the living room.

"Namasthey aunty!" I wished her.

"Namasthey beta! How are you?" She asked with a smile.

"I am good Aunty!" I replied.

Ragini Aunty and Maa are school friends and their family shifted here 3 years ago. Aunty and Maa used to visit each other even when they are at two different corners of the city. But when they became neighbors they practically spend most of their free time shopping or talking. They go for walks, share dishes, and many more. Aunty handles financial matters of her husband's hospital but never works after 5 pm. She says it's her policy.

"Adi! Call your dad once. Ask when they will be here." Maa said and I dialed his number.

"Maa dad said 10 min." I informed her and sat on the sofa.

"When is she coming?" Bhabi asked.

"Tomorrow Aarthi!" Bhavya answered. Bhavya is Ragini aunt's daughter-in-law but she requested me not to call her bhabi as she is 1 year younger than me.

"It's been a long time since I saw her!" Maa said getting excited. Who's she who is making my maa get this excited? I thought but didn't ask.

"Yes, mom. I heard a lot about her from Bhavya and Aunty but never met her. She stays here rarely and every time she came we were out for some or the other reason." Bhabi spoke. Is some celebrity coming or what? Why are these people so excited?

"She is a really sweet girl beta! I like her more than these two idiots of mine." Maa said and I glared at her. She becomes over-dramatic sometimes.

"I am really excited to meet her!" Bhabi said clapping her hands. soon Dad and Bhai entered saving me from the praises of some unknown girl.

"Have dinner with us Ragini!" Maa said getting up.

"No Gauri! We will have it some other time! I have to set up her room." Aunty said with a sweet smile. 

"And all of you are invited for dinner tomorrow night!" Bhavya said getting up.

"We will be there!" Maa replied and they left after bidding farewell.

"What's special?" Dad asked after they left.

"Your pari is coming tomorrow!" Maa replied. Yes both my parents know Ragini aunt's family very well and they know us well but we brothers never met their kids as none of our parents took us to their house or their parents bought them here. Apparently, they wanted to have some alone time with their friends without us. Maa, papa, Ragini Aunty, and Aanand Uncle used to go on double dates leaving us alone. Papa met their kids when they went to pick them up for their dates just like they met us. But we came to know about Advith after they shifted here but their daughter, I never met her. Maa said she comes to her house a few times but I couldn't meet her.

"It's been long since I last saw her!" Dad said while I and Bhai shared a weird look at these people's excitement.

We had our dinner and I retorted to my room. I sat by the window looking at the moon.

I sat there for some time and went to bed after reading a book.