9. Flowers!

Aditya

We went for dinner at our neighbors. I saw her there. Is she the one my family is ranting non-stop? Why does everyone around me know her before me? 

Everyone around us is busy talking to each other. She is looking around like a lost puppy. I am habituated to this in the last three years. I don't find their business talks and ladies' talks interesting. So, I just have my dinner silently. But she is new to these dinners so she might be feeling different. I want to talk to her but I don't want to get teased by these people without any reason. So, I sat silently.

After dinner maa invited their family for breakfast the next morning. It's common between these besties and we are obliged to follow as they neither cook once they plan something nor let anyone else cook.

We went back to our home and departed to our respective rooms.

The next morning I woke up at 5'o clock. I finished my workout and went for a jog.

I saw her there jogging with her bhai.

"Hey! Aditya!" Bhavya wished seeing me.

"Hi!" I waved at them.

"Wanna join?" she asked and we started running together.

Soon Prisha and Advith joined us.

After 2 rounds Advith got a call and had to leave. Bhavya too left with him. Now it's only two of us.

"How many more?" She asked looking at me.

"10! Then we can go home!" I said and her eyes widened.

"10! We already did 5! I am not going to do that! You go ahead, I will sit after 5 more." She said looking at the size of the park.

"Just kidding! It's just 5 more!" I said and she huffed.

"I didn't expect this side of you!" She exclaimed looking at me.

"Which side of me?" I asked getting amused.

"The fun-loving and carefree one! I thought you are a grumpy and angry officer!" She said matching my pace.

"I have to be like that for duty! But here I am not on duty and you are not some criminal." I replied honestly.

"So who am I?" She asked stopping.

"My neighbor," I replied with a smile but she didn't smile back.

She just nodded and started to run again. What's her problem? Isn't she my neighbor?

We both completed our jog in silence thereafter.

I went home took a shower and came down to have breakfast.

Her family is already here but she is not here yet. Why isn't she here? Is she going to come late?

"Adhi! Come sit!" Bhabi said breaking my chain of thoughts.

I nodded and took my seat after wishing everyone good morning.

"Where is Prisha?" Maa asked Aunty.

"She said she isn't feeling good. She asked me to apologize to you!" Aunty said.

"How can she skip this? I prepared everything for her! Wait, I will go get her!" Maa was about to turn but Bhavya stopped her.

"You stay Aunty, I will go call her!" She said and got up from her place with a smile and left.

She was just fine a while ago! What happened to her suddenly? 

After some time they both came back but she isn't smiling. Not even a bit.