44. Angry girlfriend

Prisha

No one questioned me nor Adithya about our behavior at the hospital. Mumma prepared my favorite cupcakes the next day and we started talking. She is a typical mom who never feels the need to apologize and I am fine with that as she was already scared for me and I played that stupid prank. It was equally my mistake.

When I asked Adhi why no one questioned us, he said Aunty thought I felt safe with him because he was a police officer and saved me. Everyone agreed with her logic so no questions were raised regarding our relationship. 

Adithya asked Tanu to move out as soon as her boyfriend came back and she had to agree having no option. I was actually grinning ear to ear when she left and Adithya teased me for the whole day saying I was jealous of his so-called friend. 

It's been two months since the arrest of that killer. He and the other culprits were punished accordingly after 4 hearings as the case grabbed public attention and people started to come out demanding strict and immediate punishment for the culprits. There were a few supporters of the so-called Swami Ji who tried to cause hindrance to the public lives and the police had to issue 144 section. Adithya was rarely home the entire week. 

The next week passed in Adithya and Nihal along with other officers gathering as much information as possible to make the case strong. I was not allowed to step out of the home until the judgment was announced. Adithya personally drove me to the court when I was needed for the hearings. He stayed by my side the whole time at the court. 

He also assigned a few officers in addition to mine and his dad's personal security. My brother was no less. He got CC cameras installed all around the home and got all the windows at him changed to bulletproof the next day of the kidnap. Bhabi told me that he assigned a group of security officers just to monitor the security systems of our home. These men are hard to handle at times.

Yesterday the court announced the death penalty for Paramananda Swamy and lifetime imprisonment for the people who helped him. My wounds were healed long back but none of my family members are ready to accept it. I understand about others but Papa, Bhai, Bhabi, and Ma'am are behaving the same saying I was not completely healed. They are doctors for crying out loud and the reports clearly said I was completely fit and fine.

"Priyu... Adithya is here," Bhabi shouted from the living room making me roll my eyes. Well, my family decided that it would be better for me to learn some self-defense and they chose one and only Mr. Adithya Malhotra to be my personal trainer. It was actually he who gave that idea to my father and offered assistance. 

So, here I am standing in front of a mirror pulling my hair into a tight ponytail at 5 in the morning. Why can't he just let me sleep peacefully? And am I not injured according to all of them? Then why do they want me to do those workouts instead of letting me rest?

I walked out with a grumpy face to let them know how interested I was in their idea. My parents have yet to wake up while Bhai and Bhabi are ready to go to the hospital as they have surgery scheduled at 6. Adithya was talking something to Bhai but both of them stopped abruptly on seeing me making me roll my eyes. 

"Good morning, Prisha," Bhabi chirped. How is she energetic early in the morning? No, she is not an early riser. She only wakes early when her presence is needed at the hospital. I looked at my brother skeptically who just shrugged in reply. 

"I don't think my morning is good, Bhabi. You have a great day," with that I kissed her cheek, hugged my brother, and walked out ignoring Adithya deliberately. How can he be so cruel towards his rabbit?

"Rabbit," He called out walking behind me as I opened the gate of my home. I continued to walk ahead paying no heed to him.

"Rabbit yaar," His voice came out as a whine and I had a great urge to turn around and pull his cheeks but I restricted myself. I opened the gate of his home and walked in.