37. Carroms

Adithya

Once we were done with the dishes we both strolled to the garden where our families were sitting. Maa, Aunty, Bhabi, and Bhavya were sitting on the mat in a circle, giggling among themselves as they discussed the recent dishes they learned. Dad and Uncle were discussing the pharma business while our brothers indulged in sports talks. I sat beside Bhai on the chair and Prisha sat beside the ladies with her head resting on Aunty's shoulder as she gazed at me with a smile on her lips which I returned. 

She closed her eyes as she snuggled into her mother with her hands wound around Aunty's arm while Aunty pecked her forehead softly before diverting her attention to the talks. As I looked around, I felt happiness bubbling inside me seeing both my families having a peaceful evening, without any stress or tension. As I turned my gaze back onto Prisha I felt really happy for her and myself. She will have her parents close to her even after marriage which is not the same with most of the girls. She can just walk in here whenever she wants and I can sneak in to meet my wife even when she wants to stay with her parents. 

I felt giddy inside my chest as I started thinking about our future as husband and wife, living in the same house. She will be very close to me and I can see her daily when I wake up. We can come and stay here whenever she feels like she's missing her parents which won't be much with the amount of time these families spend together. Ours is one family sleeping in different houses.

"Angel, let's play!" Pihu's voice broke my trance. She was swaying Prisha's hand to and fro as she requested Prisha with her puppy eyes. Prisha smiled at her ruffling her hair as she sat straight.

"What do you want to play, Princess?" Prisha asked with a smile. 

"Carroms!" Pihu exclaimed, clapping her hands. Prisha nodded at her and got up and went in, maybe to get the board.

"The coins are on the top rack. Aadi beta will you please help her get those?" Aunty requested and I got up from my place and followed her in. 

As I followed her into the room, I shut the door behind me and sneakily moved to her, hugged her from behind, digging my head into her neck.

"Aadi," she squirmed, trying to get out of my hold. I yanked her back and her back collided with my chest.

"Stay," I whispered as I nibbled her ear and she leaned back onto me, giving in.

"Did you sneak in?" She inquired as I ran my fingers on her arms drawing random patterns as we shifted from one foot to the other swaying a little.

"Nope, my soon-to-be mother-in-law sent me in to help my girlfriend," I shrugged as I dropped kisses from her cheeks to her jaw and then moved down to her neck while she arched her back onto me and raised her neck, giving me more access.

"I seriously doubt those ladies are trying to set us up," She muttered as I turned her around in a swift motion that made her twirl a little before she landed on my chest with her hands on my shoulders, her hair sprawled to the sides.

"Isn't that a good thing? They will give us more chances to sneak around," I muttered as I pinched her lips with my index and thumb fingers and I pulled her lower lip towards me. She nodded, out of breath as my other hand rested on the curve of her waist as  I caressed her there.

"We should go now," she suggested. But none of us made an attempt to move away from each other. I pecked her lips before lifting the board and she followed me with the coins.

Once Prisha arranged the coins, Pihu sat on the other side of her as they both engaged themselves in the game. Prisha taught Pihu the correct way to play and constantly appreciated her whenever she scored. Once Pihu was exhausted she called me to her.

"Chachu, complete the game for me, Please. I'm sleepy." She yarned cutely as soon as she completed her sentence and I took her place with a chuckle. Pihu rested her head in my lap as I patted her head while I played with my other hand.

But as soon as I started playing in Pihu's place, Prisha started using her actual game and striking the coins into the holes with ease. As I scored a point, Prisha forwarded the coin on her side and Ieaned forward to take it from her.

"Go on your boyfriend, rabbit. You were very lenient with your niece," I complained and her cheeks turned red as she blushed at my words and she pulled herself back and retrieved her place.

We both played for a while and there were 2 whites, a black, and red coins left on the board. Prisha smoothly led the red one into the hole but when she was about to hit the black one I pulled my lips into a kiss shape and the striker fell in instead of the coin as she got diverted. I smirked at her while she puffed her cheeks.

I scored red followed by white and then the remaining coins thus winning the game much to her dismay. She glared at me and bent to take the coins to fill them into the box.

"Don't be a sore loser, darling," I teased and she got up with a huff and went to her dad and sat beside him, hugging his arm with her legs pulled up to her side on the couch. Uncle patted her head lovingly and she soon dozed off, that pout still intact on her lips. 

She is such a cute baby!

We all decided to call it a night after some time and I picked up Pihu in my hands while Advith carried a sleeping Prisha in. I tugged Pihu in her bed and covered her with a blanket before making my way to my room and I dozed off almost immediately with a smile on my lips as I remembered Prisha's pouting face.

The next morning I and Nihal went to different tattoo shops dressed as customers, trying to gather clues about the murders. Recently we were able to retrieve the CCTV footage of one of the victims' homes and we found a man dressed in black stabbing him cruelly. He then filled his blood into a small tube before leaving from there. He was fully covered in black. The only clue we could get was that tattoo that came to light when the victim tore his shirt while trying to fight him. We decided to enquire about it without alerting the culprit and here we are in our 10th tattoo shop with no progress, whatsoever. 

thankfully, there was no mudder after the last one but I am not sure how long he would be silent. I need to act quickly and catch him before he kills another innocent for whatever psychotic reasons he has. With that determination, we moved to our next destination.

I will not let you kill another innocent!