26. Give me some time

Prisha

I was laughing at something Abhishek said when my gaze fell on Aditya who was looking at us with a clenched jaw. But why? I shrugged my thoughts and sat with Isha and others as she asked me to join them. She is a very sweet girl and the way she is handling all these siblings at this small age is commendable.  But one question that's eating me is why Aditya is here instead of taking care of Tanu and why the hell is he shooting daggers at me and Abhishek?

We discussed random things for a while and then went to take a shower while Isha went to prepare breakfast. After breakfast, I, Priya, and Abhigya decided to take a tour of the city. Isha rejected coming with us saying she has to make the arrangements for the evening puja.

We went to their palace which is now turned into a heritage hotel and then roamed around for a while. We decided to have our lunch at a nearby local restaurant. Priya and Abhigya left to bring our orders while I sat there awaiting them. Then, I came face to face with the man I desperately wanted to ignore. Our eyes locked for a few seconds and I averted my gaze when Tanu came to my mind. I can't do it!

I was about to walk away when he held my hand and pulled me to him. I landed on him due to the force. Our chests collided making me feel the sensations that I was trying to kill. I glared at him and tried to free myself but he tightened his grip and started dragging me.

"Leave me, Adithya! What is this?" I chided again trying to free my hand from his iron grip.

"Either you are coming with me silently or I am carrying you. The choice is yours, Prisha!" He seethed in an angry tone that made me halt my moment and follow him like a lost puppy. I followed him to wherever the hell he was taking me to.

"Now what?" I asked in an irritated tone. I am actually frustrated because of all the things happening. I am trying to run far away from him and my growing feelings for him and he is literally everywhere.

"Prisha, I want to say something. And please listen to me calmly." He said taking both my hands in his. I gave him a confused look. What does he want me to listen to?

"What is it?" I asked nonchalantly. Somewhere I hope he will say that he has nothing to do with Tanu being pregnant! Why would he say that when she is literally staying at his home and she herself said he is the father of her child? I waited for him to say something with raising heartbeats.

"I have nothing to do with Tanus' baby. It's not mine!" He said in one go and looked at me as if expecting some reaction from me. He continued as I was just staring at him.

"She just lied to her father so that he wouldn't hurt her baby. She is staying at our home for safety reasons, nothing more than that." He explained in one go.

"Why are you saying this to me?" I asked him. I am happy that he is not the father of her child but I don't get why he is very desperate for telling this to me.

"Because I don't want you to feel like there is something going on between us. There is no one in my life, no one other than you." He whispered the last part but I heard it. What does he mean by that?

"What do you expect from me, Aditya?" I asked finally. I am confused at this point. He doesn't love me but says I am the only one in his life. What does he even want?

"Please, give me some time Prisha! I am trying to set things right. I don't want to lose you to my stupidity." He breathed out looking into my eyes as if searching for something. I just nodded at him absentmindedly. I don't know for what he was asking time but I am going to give it to him. He pulled me into a hug taking me by surprise. I stood there rooted to my place for a while and wound my hands around him. He tightened the hug and whispered a thank you before breaking the hug.

Aditya

Flashback

Something churned inside me when I saw her laughing at someone else. I sat there clenching and unclenching my jaw and fisting my hands. I don't know what else to do. I don't want to do something that I would regret later.

I saw Isha giving me a confused look and I mouthed her nothing with a smile. we discussed some random topics about our lives after that. I could sense the tension at the breakfast between Isha and her father, brother, and husband. But these men love her to the core. Then what happened? I asked her the same after breakfast and she asked me to meet her after a while. She explained to me why those men were angry at her and honestly, I was angry at her in the beginning but given the fact that she was well prepared for that situation, I praised her bravery to face her worst nightmare. I assured her that they would come along. She was about to ask something but was contemplating whether to ask it or not. She finally blurted out her question after I assured her that she could ask anything.

"Are you interested in Prisha Di?" She asked me and I nodded at her scratching the back of my neck. She is my sister and I felt shy to talk to her about my love problems but she is the one who can actually show me some way. I explained everything right from the day I met Prisha and she listened to it carefully.

"She is right to misunderstand bhayya. From day 1 she saw you both close to each other and you were always friendly to Tanu while you said no to Prisha Di directly. She might have thought of you both as a couple and that was the reason for you rejecting her." She said and I couldn't agree more. Every time Prisha saw us together we were in such positions that anyone would think that we were in a relationship.

"What should I do now?" I asked running my hands through my hair messing it up. Prisha is not ready to look at me, talking is far away.

"Talk to her. Explain it to her. She is going out with Abhigya and Priya. I will ask them to give you some privacy. Please, just talk to her." She said and I couldn't be more thankful for that. Prisha won't neglect me in a public place, will she?

As planned, Abhigya and Priya took Prisha to the restaurant and left from there saying they would get the orders and I approached Prisha taking it as a chance.

*******************************************************************************************

Hey peeps! This surprise update is a gift from the author to you on her birthday! Hope you enjoyed it.