20. Jealous!

Prisha

I was busy with my work the whole day. I got free by 11 p.m to go home. I sat in my car and started driving home. I thought about morning incidents while driving. It was her mistake but I was being rude too. But I couldn't take it when she spoke so casually about someone's life. That man might have a family depending on him. She was not feeling an ounce of guilt. I was already disturbed because of my best friend's deteriorating condition, Aditya's rejection, and yesterday's accident, and her attitude made me snap at her. But I did overreact and maybe I should apologize to her.

I reached home and prepared some instant noodles and had them. I took a quick bath and slept. The next morning I woke up early and left for the hospital. I have to attend to the victims. I did my rounds and entered the details. Then I sent a few emails to some radiologists regarding my friend and left for home once my work was done.

 I was on the way when my car broke down. I called Bhayya and asked him to send some mechanic. The mechanic came in half an hour and checked the engine.

"How much time will it take uncle?" I asked him and he said it will take 1 to 2 hours. I was about to book a cab when I saw a familiar car, Aditya's car to be precise approaching us. It stopped near us and Nihal along with Aditya stepped out.

"Hey, Prisha!" Nihal greeted me.

"Hey, guys!" I greeted both of them.

"What happened?" Aditya asked looking at my car.

"It broke down and he said it will take 1 to 2 hours," I replied.

"Come with us. We are going home." He said I was about to protest but Nihal dragged me with him.

I took the back seat while they both took the front seats. I started scrolling through my Instagram when I got a call. It was Ridhi. I answered it and put it to my ear but pulled away as soon as she yelled.

"He is here! He came back!" She yelled. 

"Omg! He is back?" I asked jumping in my place.

"Yes! He came back today morning." She replied grinning like an idiot.

"And you are saying me now? Not done yaar! I so want to meet him. I missed him a lot." I whined not giving a damn about Nihal's weird looks and Aditya's angry glares.

"I too saw him just now duffer. I was in the hospital with you all the time today, remember?" She asked and I bit my tongue.

"Sorry! But why didn't he inform us that he is coming?" I asked to which she gritted her teeth.

"We have to deal with him for that," she said.

"We will. Drag that moron to my place tomorrow morning. We are going to make him regret not informing us." I said with an evil smirk.

"Done!" She said and we hung up.

"Friend?" Nihal asked. 

"More than that!" I replied and got busy on my phone again.

Aditya

Who came? Who's that duffer that she is getting so excited to meet him? Her mood too changed suddenly. She is looking unaffected by me.

"Isn't that what you want?" My conscience questioned me.

Exactly, this was what I wanted. I wanted her to stay away from me but when she actually going away why am I feeling like someone is crushing my heart? Why am I getting restless when she is talking about someone else?

I stopped at her entrance and she sprinted in. Was she so happy to meet him that she didn't even say bye to us?

I parked my car in the garage and walked in with Nihal. There my mother was discussing something with Aunty.

"Good evening, ladies!" Nihal wished them and they replied with a good evening. Bhabi gave us water and sat on the couch with them. They talked for a while when Bhavya and she walked in together.

"Hello, people!" She greeted them and sat beside them.

"How was your day?" Maa asked her while she rested her head on Bhavya's shoulder. 

"Good Aunty." She replied. They talked for a while and they were about to leave and Aunty invited us to breakfast tomorrow. They went home and I too left for my room. 

I took a shower and changed into my sweatpants and T-shirt. I went down and had dinner. I went to my room and read a case file before sleeping.

The next morning I got ready and went down. Everyone was ready to go to her home for breakfast. We all went there and knocked. Aunty opened the door for us and we sat on the dining table.

"What's special today?" Uncle asked eyeing the dishes.

"Ridhi and Vihaan are coming!" She chirped. She is very happy to meet him. Just then the doorbell rang.

"They are here!" She said and sprinted to open the door.

"This girl!" Aunty said shaking her head.

She came back to the dining hall with her friends. That guy whoever he was was wrapping his hand around her neck and Ridhi's neck. He greeted her family and took his seat beside her.

"Wow, Pree! I didn't know your way of punishment would be cooking all my favorites!" He exclaimed licking his lips. What the hell? Did she cook for him? Why? And pree? He has no fucking right to give her nicknames!

"Well, she cooked for you too! " My conscience spoke. 

"We are different. " I snapped at it.

"Ofc! He seems more important!" It replied back. 

"He is just a friend!" I retorted back.

"And what are you? Just a neighbor!" It replied.

"Who said I am just a neighbor? She loves me!" I answered.

"You! You said she is your neighbor every time and coming to the love part didn't you ask her to forget it and move on?" It questioned back and I have no answer for that. 

I was the one who asked her to forget it and never bring it up again. But looking at her sitting with someone else I feel bad. It feels like someone is piercing my heart. My thoughts broke when I heard her speak.

"Mumma we will be late today. We have to teach this idiot a lesson."She said looking at him and he gave her a sheepish smile.  What is going on here?

The breakfast was suffocating and soon she left with her friends taking her bag. I too left for the Police Station. I did my work and when it was time to leave Nihal suggested we go to some club and relax, coincidentally I suggested the same club where she said she would be going.