41. Rescuing Rabbit

Prisha

As I walked out of the hospital after completing my work. I was about to get into my car when I felt a hand covering my mouth and nose. I tried to punch in his gut but he easily dodged my punch and held my hands back. I felt a sting in my neck and black dots appeared in front of my eyes and I felt dizzy.

I woke with a heavy head and shook my head to get rid of the dizziness. I looked around the dusty surroundings and there were a few webs on the walls. What is this? Looks like my kidnappers took the old movies seriously. I mean is it necessary to bring to a shabby place to prove that you have kidnapped somebody?

I roamed my eyes around trying to find something that could help me escape. I searched for a sharp object to cut the ropes. These idiots tied them too tight. I hope they don't hinder my blood flow. I then looked at my locket which had a tracker in it. I have to just press it and the alert along with the location will be sent to Bhai, Vihaan, and the police. But how am I going to press it when my hands are tied?

I tried to lower my chin to touch it but was unable to reach it. I tried to jump a little so that I could catch it between my chin and neck so that the button could be pressed. It seemed to be a tough task but it was the only way I could alert them about my location. I jumped multiple times and after what felt like hours I was finally able to get hold of that locket. I then took the locket in my mouth and bit the locket with my teeth and the button got pressed.

Now I have to wait for them to find me. Meanwhile, I have to make sure not to piss off the kidnappers and get as much information as possible from them. I tried to look around and find something that could be used as evidence or something.  

"Do you think she is awake?" I heard someone speak and closed my eyes to act like I was unconscious. I hope they spill some beans.

Adithya

After my team finally traced Prisha's mobile I rushed to the location but much to my disappointment that phone was thrown at a deserted area. I asked my team to search every possible hideout in the 10-kilometer radius.

"She will be fine," Nihal placed a hand on my shoulder giving it a little squeeze. I nodded at him. My phone started beeping in my pocket and I took it out.

"Advith bhai?" I frowned in confusion. He must be tense about Prisha. I answered the phone and brought it to my ear.

"Aadi, Prisha, she is in some godown near chor bazar. I and Vivaan are going there. Please come fast," He informed me in a hurry and cut the call after I replied with an okay. I informed the same to Nihal and we drove to the said place. Please be safe for me Rabbit.

We reached the location and it was deserted with no humans in the vicinity. A gunshot echoed in the air making the birds fly away and my heart dropped into the pit of my stomach. No, she is fine. She must be safe for me. 

When I tried to rush in, I felt a hand on my shoulder pulling me back. What the hell? My rabbit needs me. She must be in pain. I... I have to save her. I tried to wriggle out of the grip but it only got tightened as the person hugged me from the back pulling me along. 

"Adithya, please understand. You can't just barge in. There are attackers inside and there may be people kept as hostage there. We need backup," Nihal's voice rang in my ears as he tried to hold me back but to hell with backup and all. I will die rather than leave her in pain there. What if they harm her while we wait here?

"But she is in there! And I don't give a damn about anything else. I want to save her, even if it means losing my own life!" I roared wiggling more. I was almost out of his grip when 4 more officers came and held me tight helping Nihal. 

"Think like the Adithya she adores, Adi! You have to keep your calm to save her. And you know that she can't live without you. So, think Adi. Think like her Adhi. Think like DCP Adithya Birla instead of acting on impulse." Nihal squeezed my shoulder and I relaxed a little. I will save you rabbit. Just hang in there for a little while. I am coming. I won't let any harm touch you.

"I will set the world on fire if something happens to her, I swear! She is my life whom I can't live without and those fuckers dared to touch her. Now it's not just my duty anymore. I will fucking kill those bastards with my own hands." I declared and scanned the entire area for any hideouts that we could use to attack the criminals. 

When we were discussing the plan, Advith Bhai and Vivaan reached the location. Until now I didn't know Vivaan is a task force officer but it's not my fault. He worked as an ACP in Hyderabad and recently got transferred here after he got promoted.  When I heard Prisha lecture him I was busy thinking about myself and my duty so I didn't pay much attention to his profession. Vivaan called a few of his team members and we all hatched a plan to sneak into the godown.

A layer of officers covered for us while I and Vivaan sneaked in. There were a total of 20 goons guarding the area but Prisha was nowhere to be found. I and Vivaan wore our earpieces and headed in different directions in search of her. 

"She's not in here," Vivaan informed after checking the right side.

"She must be here then. Let me just reach her. I will show these fuckers the hell on the earth," I seethed and roamed my eyes to the corner of the godown where there was a small door. It must be a room. I alerted Vivaan and others before taking slow and cautious steps toward that room. I slowly opened the door and entered after making sure no harm was in there. 

"Prisha," A whisper left my lips as I noticed her unconscious with a slap mark on her cheek, her hands and legs tied to the chair. She looked pale with a few scratches on her arms and hair dishevered with her skin pale. My heart clenched seeing her state and a lone tear left my eye which I wiped off quickly and took steps towards her keeping a close eye on my surroundings.

"Rabbit, wake up, rabbit," I patted her cheeks softly as I tried to wake her up. I tucked a hairstrand behind her ear and placed a gentle kiss on her forehead. I patted her cheeks again and this time her eyelids moved a little. She slowly opened her eyes and a small smile graced her lips and hope glimmered in her eyes as she noticed me. 

"Adhi," her voice was hoarse and was just above a whisper. 

"Yes, Rabbit. I will take you out from here," I untied the ropes and lifted her up making her wrap her hands around my neck and wrapped her legs around my torso as I hugged her to my front. 

"I got her. Attack, fucking drag anyone you find to the cars. If they try to act smart just put a bullet in them. After the bloodshed they created they don't deserve to be treated delicately. I will handle the consequences." I ordered my team and carried her out of that shitty place shooting the people whom I found on the way. I don't have time to fight them. My rabbit is my priority.

"Bhai," I called out Advith bhai and he rushed to me. I passed Prisha to him and he carried her to the ambulance while I walked back to handle those bastards. After successfully getting hold of everyone I personally accompanied them to the police station and filed an FIR before locking them up. 

"Nihal, you are going to be on duty today. Mathur Ji, Sharma you both will stay along. Reema, we are going to arrest that bastard first thing in the morning. But I want tight security around his place the whole night and even air shouldn't pass the barriers you create. Stay there and monitor him the whole night." I passed instructions to my team before rushing to the hospital. 

I hope she is fine and there weren't any major injuries.