8. You?

Prisha

I am moving back to my home today. I went there only a few times after my parents shifted as I rarely had free time during my MD and internship. We had to vacate our old house as a bat flew in, and according to my grandma, it was inauspicious. And my mom, just need an excuse to be close to her best friend so she dragged Papa to our new house which is beside her bestie's home.

I met them a few times when they used to go on dates along with Mom and Dad. I never met their kids though. Mom never took us there saying she wanted alone time with her bestie. Gaurangi Aunty and Jayanth uncle like me a lot just the way my parents admire their kids. Maybe it's a natural trait in all parents to feel proud or great about others' kids. My parents praise their kids a lot. 

My luggage is already moved out so I just took my handbag and car keys and moved out looking at my house for three years one last time.

I drove to my home. Maa did my aarthi when I reached.

"Aagayi Shiathan!"(The devil is here!") Bhai said opening his arms for me. I ran and hug him. 

"Yes! Now permanently!" I giggled and he kissed my forehead. Dad and bhabi are not here as they had some work in the hospital. 

"Bhai I missed you!" I said looking at him.

"I missed you too!" He said smiling at me.

"You didn't miss me?" Mom asked dramatically.

"Of course, I missed you darling!" I pecked her cheek and she slapped my hand.

"Now go take a rest!"Mom said and I went to my room. It's decorated according to my taste perfectly.

I jumped on my bed and soon I am in deep slumber.

"Wake up prishu!" Bhai said opening the door.

"No bhai! Let me sleep!" I whined.

"Not happening. Get ready! It's almost dinner time." He said in a stern tone.

"Ughh! Why should I get ready to have dinner?" I asked placing a pillow on my face.

"Because we are having guests! Now get ready before mom comes here and twist your ears!" Bhai said and I sat up listening to that warning. He started giggling.

"What?" I asked.

"You are still scared of her?" He asked.

"As if you are not scared of talking to Papa!" I rolled my eyes at him.

"I am not scared of him!" He said.

"Oh, papa! Bhai is saying something" I said looking at the door.

"I didn't say anything, papa!" He stood up with a jerk.

I started laughing loud. He hit my head with a pillow and I hit him back. But Mom interrupted us with her warning.

"Prisha I want you ready in 10 min!" She shouted hearing which I ran into the bathroom leaving my bhai who is now laughing like mad.

I took a shower and wore a dress my mom picked. What's with her? Why is she behaving as if some groom is coming to see me?

 What's with her? Why is she behaving as if some groom is coming to see me?