23. Not my child!

Aditya

I got a call from Prishas' hospital saying their doctor wanted to see me. I wondered why Prisha asked her staff to call me rather than calling me herself! But I shrugged away the thoughts and went to meet her. I was about to knock on the door when I heard a slap sound which made me stand rooted in my place.

She was yelling at her friend for not caring about Ridhis' feelings due to his insecurities and fears. Every word she said to him was like a slap to me. I don't have any answers to her questions. She was right with her every question. I hid myself when I saw her shadow coming towards the door. She walked away with tear-filled eyes. Her tears made my heart clench. 

I turned around to go away when I saw Bhavya coming there. I smiled at her but she didn't return the smile.

"We need to talk!" She said and I followed her to her cabin.

"Congratulations Mr. Birla! You are going to be a father!" She congratulated me but I can sense sadness and hurt in her words. But how am I going to be a father?

"What?" I asked shocked. What is she talking about?

"I thought you were my brother Bhai! You didn't feel the need to inform any of us?" She asked again making me frown in confusion.

"What are you talking Bhavya?" I asked again and she chuckled humorlessly.

"Don't tell me that you don't know your girlfriend is 3 months pregnant!" she said making me gasp. When did I get a girlfriend?

"I don't have any girlfriends! What are you talking about?" I asked confused and her facial expressions mirrored mine.

"Tanu is pregnant! She said to her father that it was your baby!" She exclaimed. 

"What?" we heard a voice from behind which belonged to Advith bhai.

"She is just a friend to me and I have no such relation with anyone!" I clarified. Why did she lie about her baby being mine?

"What? I and Prisha heard with our own ears when she said so!" Bhavya frowned. 

"Let me call her right now!" I said taking out my mobile. Advith Bhai and Bhavya sat on the couch and I pulled a chair and sat in front of them. 

I dialed Tanus' number and she answered after some time.

"Hello!" She said in a calm tone.

"What the hell Tanu? When did I become a father to your child?" I yelled at her. Her words made my family doubt me. Yes, these people have become a part of my family for the last 3 years, and Prisha! She thinks I am in a relationship with Tanu and we are going to have a child?

"How... How do you know?" she stuttered. 

"You should have chosen some other hospital if you didn't want me to find out. Now tell the truth, will you?" I asked controlling my anger.

"I am sorry! I got scared seeing Dad there and took your name because I know he wouldn't dare to hurt my baby if I said it's yours." She replied sobbing.

"But why would he hurt your baby?" I asked getting confused. Why would her father hurt her baby and from where did this baby come?

"Because the father of this baby is Vivek Mittal and our families are rivals. Vivek is in the UK right now and we are going to get married once he returns. I have to save my baby till he comes." She said and I calmed down understanding her side.

"Don't worry. Your safety is my duty until he comes. You can shift to my home if you want to." I offered and she agreed immediately for her baby's safety.

I cut the call and turned to my sister who was grinning sheepishly. 

"Sorry! Nihal said she was your special friend and today when she said she was pregnant with your child I thought it was true. I was angry at you so I asked my assistant to call you here!" She said smiling nervously. I smacked her head and smiled at her.

"Are you sure about her staying at your home?" Advitt bhai asked.

"Hmm. It will keep her safe." I replied. But deep down I am afraid of how Prisha is going to react to this. Does she think I refused her proposal because of Tanu? Will she give me a chance to explain?

With these thoughts, I left from there and went back to my office. 

I did some investigation work till 7 p.m. and left for home after that. I was welcomed by Tanu standing at my doorstep.

"Hey!" she said hugging me without giving me time to react. Once she left me I saw Prisha standing there with tear-filled eyes.

"Prisha, who was that?" Maa asked from inside which seemed to break her trance.

"Adithya sir, aunty!" She said and walked away. What the hell with this 'sir' now? I followed her in and Tanu followed me.

I freshened up and came down to have my dinner. Prisha was sitting in the living room with my princess watching Doremon. 

"Everyone come Let's have dinner!" Bhabi announced and everyone came towards the dining table except her and Pihu.

"Prisha?" Dad called her and she turned to him. Then her eyes fell on Tanu who was pulling a chair beside me.

"Come here!" He said again and she didn't make a move.

"I am not hungry uncle! I ate with my friends!" She said smiling but that smile didn't reach her eyes. Dad nodded and turned to his plate. Prishas' phone went off and she took it to her ear.

"What? Really?" She asked getting excited.

"When?" 

"I am so happy for you both! I love you guys!" She squealed and cut the call after a few minutes. and ran to her mother and wound her hands around her neck kissing her cheeks continuously.

"Maa! Vivaan and Ridhi are getting engaged!" she jumped like a kid and hugged her mother. If she is so happy about her friends how much happy will she be if her love succeeds?

"Wow!" Her bhabi chirped and they both hi-fied. 

"I am going to meet them!" she announced and was about to walk away when Tanu ran to sink and threw up. Bhabi helped her. Prishas' eyes moistened seeing that.

"Papa, I am going to Jodhpur!" She said to her father. We all looked at her confused. Is she going away because I bought Tanu here?

"Why?" Advait bhai asked trying to read her expressions but she didn't give out anything and maintained a blank face.

"It's Abhinav bhais' coronation and I want to meet Ishaan. I am missing them." She said with a smile and her parents nodded. Abhinav and Ishaan? The people we met that day? So, She will be at the palace too?