17. New lead!(for case)

Aditya

I saw her yesterday at Bua's place. She seemed so lost. She didn't look at me even once. I felt bad but I guess I deserve it for breaking her heart.

I woke up with these thoughts and came down after completing my workout and got freshened up.

I heard a car sound so went out. Yes, my parents are back. I took steps toward them but she reached them before me as she came out running. She ran into her father's arms just like a small kid.

"What happened beta?" Her father asked placing a hand on her head.

"Nothing papa I just missed you guys!" She replied with a smile. She left her father and hugged her brother. 

They both stood like that for a few seconds.

"You know I am always with you right?" Her brother asked to which she nodded and hugged her mother and bhabi.

Then she greeted my parents and soon Pihu jumped into her arms.

I moved from my place and greeted all of them.

"Chachu!" Pihu forwarded her hands asking me to embrace her.

Prisha handed over Pihu to me and our hands brushed against each other. We had a brief eye contact but she broke it.

"Let's go have breakfast! I have prepared for all!" Prisha said and everyone started following her but I stood rooted in my place.

"Aditya! Let's go!" Adivith bhai took me in.

"Nice smell!" Papa exclaimed as soon as we sat at the dining table.

She served everyone including me but never looked at me.

She sat at her usual place which is in front of me but is not looking at me. I am missing her beautiful eyes. 

"You are the one who wanted it right?" My subconscious mocked me.

I got a call and it's from Nihal. 

"I'm at Aanand uncle's place. Come here!" I said and cut the call.

Soon Nihal and Tanu entered and the entire attention shifted toward them.

"Namasthey everyone!" Nihal wished and took blessings from elders and took his place.

Tanu too greeted everyone and sat beside me.

"Oh sorry! She is Tanu my friend and Aditya's special friend!" Nihal said in his dramatic tone and Prisha choked on her food.

She is coughing heavily and tears formed in her eyes. I and Advith bhai forwarded her water glasses but she took Advith bhai's glass even though my one is closer.

"Are you okay, Prisha?" Aunty asked to which she nodded in an okay.

She kept her spoon down and got up from the table.

"Prisha where are you going?" Advith bhai asked.

"To my room bhai! I lost my appetite!" She said and left from there before anyone can speak further.

"What's wrong with her?" Bhavya asked Advith bhai.

"I don't know." He said and got up with two plates in his hands.

"Now where are you going?" Uncle asked Advith bhai.

"To my sister! She didn't eat anything and I will feed her even if she doesn't want to eat!" He announced and left for her room.

"This brother and sister!" Aunty said with a smile and we had our breakfast.

After we are done we saw Advith Bhai coming down with empty plates in his hands.

"Did she eat?" Bhavya asked with eyes wide open.

"Do you think she will say no when her bhai feeds her? And you know my talent right?" He asked with a smile on his lips.

"Only you two can handle each other! And yeah, she ate because she loves you not because of your non-existing talent!" She said joining her hands and rolling her eyes.

"Of course, we are brother and sister for a reason and we share a bond!" He said and went into the kitchen after kissing Bhavya's cheek which made her turn red.

We soon went back to our home and I don't know why but my mother is throwing daggers at me as if I did some very bad thing.

I didn't dare to look at this feisty tigress so I just sat silently.

"What bought you both here?" I asked Nihal.

"We found a lead. The bike, we found it." He said and we moved out.

I noticed Prisha coming out of her home at the same time.

Tanu slipped over her legs and I caught her. It didn't go unnoticed by Prisha.

"Are you okay?" I asked Tanu steadying her.

"What will happen to me? I know you will save me!" She said grinning and I smiled too.

Prisha came towards us.

"Who's she?" Tanu asked me holding my jacket. Prisha looked at her hands on my jacket but didn't say anything. Her hurt is evident in her eyes. But why is she hurt?

'Because she loves you, idiot! And who the hell made you DCP?' My conscience mocked me.

"Neighbor,"  I replied but regretted it instantly looking at her state.

Prisha's eyes teared up but she soon covered it with a fake smile.

"She is my sweet best friend!" Nihal said placing hands on her shoulders which made her smile at him.

"So best friend, when are you going to help us?" Nihal asked.

Yes, Prisha promised to find the original donor of the kidney as it is re-transplanted from the previous recipient.

I asked my team to find out if other victims too had any transplants. I don't know why but I had a feeling that these murders have something to do with organ transplantation as all of them share a common blood group.

"I will get you the information as soon as possible!" She said with a smile and went in to meet Maa, papa.

After that, we all left for the location where the bike is found.

The owner said he lost his bike and police found it recently and handed it over to him. I asked the inspector who found the bike to meet me.

The inspector came to my cabin after an hour.

"Jai Hind sir!" He saluted me. I replied with a nod.

"Where did you find the bike and who stole it?" I asked.

"Sir, his name is Mintu! He is a wanted thief. We caught him with that bike in his area and returned the bike to the owner after arresting him." He said.

"Anyone else used that bike?" I asked to confirm my suspicions. 

"Yes sir! Mintu went to Jaipur for a few days. Then his wife leased it to someone." He said. I know Mintu is not the criminal we are looking for as I know his history. He just steals bikes and sells them.

"Get her here and sketch the person who took it for lease!" I ordered inspector Mathur and I left for home after working on a few other cases.