35. That weird tattoo

Prisha

I went to the hospital the next day. I checked the case files of my patients and attended a few till noon. I had my lunch with Bhai and Bhabi in Bhabi's cabin. When I was going back to my cabin I bumped into a man who was nearly 6 ft tall and had a muscular body.

"I am sorry, I didn't see you," I apologized. He nodded in reply not uttering a single word and left from there. I shrugged my thoughts and went to my cabin.

The same man came to my cabin after a while with a lady of nearly Bhabi's age. She looked pale and a little scared. I checked her vitals and enquired about her discomfort. But all the while she was looking at that man before answering to me. Is she afraid of him or am I reading more into it?

I was scribbling a prescription when I noticed the man. He had a tattoo on his bicep. A creepy one to be precise. It was a snake with its fangs out and wings along with a tail. It looked more like a dragon than a snake. There were some letters inscribed around it circularly. The woman had a similar tattoo. 

Now are these weird tattoos a couple thing?

I prescribed a few tests for her and they walked out after that. The rest of the day passed in a blur. 

"Prisha, go give this to Gauri Aunty," Mumma ordered thrusting a box in my hands as soon as I entered.

"What's in this?" I asked trying to open the lid to take a peek but mumma slapped my hands glaring at me.

"Halwa. Now go give it," she ordered. I rolled my eyes at her drama. Will the halwa become less tasty if I open the lid or what?

"I have to give a file to Adithya. I will take it too," I mumbled and went to my room to pick up the file that was delivered in the morning. I was about to give it to him in the morning only but he left early and when I texted him, he said he would take that in the evening once he returned.

I went to Gauri Aunty's place and knocked on the door. Aunty opened the door for me with a smile.

"Aunty mumma sent halwa for you," I forwarded the box to her.

"Beta give it to Adi if you don't mind. He's in his room," Aunty requested with a smile. There is something really fishy with these mothers. I mean my mumma pushed me here even without letting me freshen up and Aunty is asking me to give Halwa to Adi directly even without serving it. Something is fishy!

"Sure Aunty, I have to give this file to him anyway," I shrugged. Maybe I am becoming more doubtful of my surroundings staying with Adithya.

"Adithya," I knocked on his door calling his name but there was no reply from the other side. I tried for a few more times and decided to walk in. And it was the worst decision of mine. 

He came out of the shower just when I entered and he was only in his trousers. I turned away with my cheeks flushed as soon as my eyes landed on his naked upper body.

"Turn around, rabbit. I am all yours to see," He teased. My heartbeats raised when I felt him walking closer. He wrapped his hands around my waist pulling me onto him.

"I didn't take a bath, Aadi. Move away." I tried to protest.

"We can take one together, I don't mind taking a bath again," He offered with a smirk. I turned around to say something but as soon as my eyes landed on his chiseled torso and toned abs I couldn't do a thing other than gulping. 

"Get...get dressed," I managed to say this much and settled on the bed as he walked into the closet to wear a shirt or whatever. He sat on the bed beside me as I forwarded the file to him. 

"The details you wanted about organ transplantation," I explained and he started going through the details. The lung was transplanted from a 23-year-old girl to a woman in her 50s before it was transferred to the victim whose case Adi is handling.

"No connection again, damn it!" He cursed running his fingers in his hair. I placed my hand on him, rubbing the back of his palm trying to cool him down.

"I will ask Nihal to look into it," he said and dialed Nihal bhai. They both discussed something for a while.

"What's that?" he asked me once he was done with his call. 

"Oh, mumma sent halwa for you," I shrugged. He took the box from me and started munching on it. He was half-done when his phone went off and it was from Nihal bhai. He spoke for a while and cut the call.

"I need to go to the police station," He informed and I nodded at him. He kissed my forehead and went away.

"Hey Bhagwan, please get that killer caught," I sent a prayer to god before walking out with the half-eaten halwa. I went to the kitchen where Aunty was working.

"Should I help?" I asked settling myself on the counter. She smiled at me and shook her head in no.

"Complete what that idiot left in the middle," She said eyeing the halwa in my hands. I was about to take a bite when someone else snatched it from my hands. What the?

It was Tanu who snatched it from me. Even though Adithya said he was just helping her and there was nothing between them, I don't trust this woman with my Adi. There is nothing from his side but I am not sure about her.

"I am sorry, Prisha. I was craving for this," She said not sounding sorry at all, and took the spoon in her mouth. How dare she use the same spoon my Adi used? And why the hell is she smirking at me?

"Oops, I think it was used. But no problem, it was just Adithya right?" She replied nonchalantly and my anger reached its peak. It's time to show her who's the boss here.

"Aunty, I am going to cook today. please join us in dinner." I requested Aunty who was throwing daggers at Tanu with her eyes and turned off the stove. She nodded at me and kissed my forehead at which Tanu rolled her eyes.

"You too join us," I invited her with a tight-lipped smile and she nodded at me still smirking. 

See how am I going to wipe that smirk off your face, you double-faced witch!