38. Milk

Adithya

After I asked my team to gather as much information as possible about that tattoo we managed to find a few tattoo artists who made similar tattoos. After a thorough inquiry and going through all the entries in their shops and CC footage, we managed to identify 10 men and 5 women who got those tattoos. Now, the task is to track down all of them and enquire about them.

"Aadi, it's getting too complicated now. All those people are well-reputed persons in society. I mean a doctor, an industrialist, a group1 officer, a renowned dancer, what the heck is that? And everyone's records are very clear. Are you sure we are going in the correct direction?" Nihal asks from beside me as he goes through the list we acquired.

He's right. None of them had any police record or even any bad remarks on them. Everything looks so clear but so foggy at the same time. What is the relation between these people? Why do they have those tattoos? What do they even signify?

"There's something that's not meeting our eyes, yet. But as of now, the only clue we have is that tattoo and we have to be careful now. If we start with inquiry, the actual killer may get alert and given the popularity of these people, we cannot hide it from public eyes if we start questioning them," I explain as I massage my forehead with my fingers as my head starts bursting because of all this mystery. A sigh leaves my lips as I lay back on my chair. Nihal nods in affirmation after processing my words.

"Then we have to keep an eye on them from far. I will ask our team to observe them closely and let us know if something suspicious occurs." He tells and I could just nod in reply. 

It's been two days since I went home. I had to submit the minister's case file to the higher officials and shortly after that my team started working on the mystery of these tattoos. Yesterday night a mob created a ruscus in the city due to which we had to stay back to handle the situation. We are collecting the data of the people who got those tattoos since morning. 

"Go home, man. You look like shit," Nihal comments, as he gets up from his place and a yawn escapes my lips soon. He chuckles at my state and walks out saying he's heading home. 

As I walked out, I returned the greetings of the officers and a few civilians and I could feel my eyes closing due to my sleepiness. I won't be able to drive home so I asked one of the drivers to drop me home. 

As I got into the car, my eyelids closed themselves pushing me into a much-needed slumber. The next time I opened my eyes when the driver called me out stating our arrival. I got down and walked in the same sleepy state. It was already 9 and everyone including my rabbit was having their dinner. 

She was the first one to notice me. She gave me a concerned look, a frown appearing on her forehead as she took in my appearance. She raised her eyebrows asking me if I was okay to which I responded with a nod and a small smile.

"Chachu!" Pihu's voice directed others' attention towards me. She ran into my arms and I lifted her up, placing kisses on her chubby cheeks making her giggle in reply. 

"Pihu, let chachu freshen up. Come finish your dinner." Bhabhi calls her and she rushes back to her seat. I walked into my room to freshen up. I took a long shower relaxing my body. The water cascaded down my body washing away the dirt and tiredness of the past two days. While my body relaxed under the shower, my brain raked with thoughts of possible connections between the people on the list. 

After a long shower, I walked out of the bathroom with a towel wound around my hips and another in my hand drying my hair. I changed into my track pants and walked into the room drying my hair when I heard a knock on the door.

"Prisha?" I utter, surprised by her presence in my room at this odd hour when our families are downstairs. She walked in with a plate filled with food and made me sit on the bed as she took the towel from me resuming the work I was doing.