39. A clue

Prisha

I left his room after he fell into slumber. I put the glass in the kitchen and went home after wishing everyone good night. I was exhausted and fell asleep as soon as my back hit the bed. 

The next morning I was strolling in the garden when I saw Adithya yelling at someone over the phone standing near his car. He was already dressed in his uniform and looked ready to leave. 

"Fucking hell! Why the hell didn't you inform this beforehand?" He was shaking in anger as he yelled at the man on the other side. He cursed something under his breath and left soon after. 

'Just keep him safe!' I sent a silent prayer to God and walked back into my home to get ready for the hospital. I got ready and today Bhai offered me a ride and I accepted gladly. Bhai generally drives with Bhabi and I avoid going with them to give them a little privacy. Okay, I feel like third-wheeling them.

Once we reached the hospital, Bhai moved to his respective floor while I walked to my cabin. The same tattoo couple came for the check-up and this time too their behavior was not sitting well with me. They looked normal and all but there was this weird feeling in my guts that was warning me they were dangerous. 

I shrugged off the thoughts and carried on with my regular checkup and questioned her about her discomforts and all. Once I was satisfied with the given answers, I scribbled down a few tests to confirm my diagnosis and asked her to get the tests done. Her husband followed the cue. I asked them to come back when the results arrived in two days. 

That evening, to my surprise Adithya was in front of my hospital with his leg pushed to the car and his both hands on the phone as he typed away something on his phone. He was in work clothes and he looked damn sexy in them. Call me mad, but I would happily break a rule or two to get arrested by him.

"Hey," I grabbed his attention as I walked to him and waved my hand at him. He stood straight with a smile and his arms wound themselves around me as he pulled me in for a soft hug. We broke the hug after a few moments and he opened the car door for me.

"Why are you here, by the way?" I asked him as I adjusted my seatbelt. His hand reached the back of my seat as he turned around a little to reverse the vehicle. His manly scent mixed with sweat hit my nostrils and that smell was intoxicating in its own way.

When I looked ahead to divert myself from his viney hands my eyes landed on his neck and the way his veins popped there. The slight moment of his Adam's apple made my breath hitch and I felt myself gulping at the sight in front of me.

I turned away from him and peeped out of the window. The best way to distract myself. 

"Your brother got something to tend to and Aunty asked me to pick you up on the way," He shrugged nonchalantly.

"Those ladies, they are definitely trying to set us up. Like they are always trying to get us together." I mumbled in a complaining tone. I don't have a problem being closer to him but getting the situations created by our mothers, that's a little awkward, to be honest, and those giggles every time they see us both together, don't ask about it.

"Isn't that a good thing?" He cocked a brow and I heaved a sigh before explaining it to him. His laughter rang in the car as he started laughing. I shot him an angry glare and he somehow controlled his laughter.

"I am just imagining how cute you looked while blushing seeing them giggling at our proximity," He exclaimed as his hand reached mine. He brought our intervened hands to his lips and placed a soft kiss on the back of my palm and placed our intervened hands on his thigh as he drove us home.

I turned to his side and kept looking at him with a constant smile dancing on my lips. I've seen the way from my home to the hospital a lot of times. The view of my boyfriend right now is something to die for.

"Don't stare like a creep," He complained as he gazed up at me before focusing his eyes back on the road.  

"I will, My boyfriend, My wish," I pulled out my tongue mocking him at which he shook his head with a chuckle. 

Soon, we reached home and he pecked my lips before asking me to meet him in the nearby park at night. I nodded in affirmation and left to freshen up.

Once I made sure everyone was asleep, I took slow steps toward the main door and sneaked out to meet him. Wow, the girl who never sneaked out in her teens is doing that in her mid-twenties.

I might have done that If I had met him back then.

But why didn't we meet back then? We have known each other's families for years but never crossed paths. That's really strange. Maybe the universe was waiting for the right time to get us together. I reached the park and looked around to find my boyfriend who seemed to be in a hide-and-seek mood.

"Boo!" My hand flew to my chest as I felt myself shivering in fear. I glared at him once I calmed down and he gave a cheeky grin and wrapped his hands around my waist as he pulled me onto himself. 

"Why did you call me here?" I asked once he sat on the grass with me between his legs. He kissed my hair and temple alternatively as he drew patterns on my palm with his fingers.

"I just wanted to sneak out like normal couples. I wanted to experience that excitement of meeting my love, hiding from the family." He shrugged and I turned back and kissed both his cheeks before biting his right cheek making him hiss in pain.

"What was that for?" He fake glared with a pout rubbing the spot.

"You are cute," I shrugged and the next moment I felt a sting on my shoulder. He bit me on my shoulder. The audacity!

"What was this for?" I glared at him and he shrugged saying, "You are looking tempting," My cheeks burnt as I bushed at his words. He then kissed the spot he bit and I felt my breath hitch for a moment.  Then he rested his head on my shoulder and we both fell into a sweet silence as we enjoyed each other's warmth.

"Adi," I called out after a while and he hmmed in reply with his hands still doing his ministrations caressing my waist from time to time.

"What do you think about tattoos?" I asked. I don't know where it came from but I just wanted to ask away and I did exactly that.

"Tattoos? Don't talk about them right now! We will get them if you want to but in current times, I am having a big headache with them," annoyance was clear in his tone. 

"Okay. I just remembered that weird snake with wings and claws," I mumbled to myself but he seemed to hear it as he created a little distance between us and turned my face a little to look at him.

"What did you just say?" He asked and I repeated the sentence confused. He pulled out his phone in a swift motion and pressed away some keys. He then forwarded his phone with the pic of that tattoo to me.

"Eww... don't tell me you like that too," I scrunched my nose in disgust as I pushed away the phone into his hands.

"Where did you see the tattoo?" He asked his tone slightly raised and I told him about my new patient. I also told him about all the weird things I observed about the couple. He asked me to inform or call him when they come back the day after tomorrow and I agreed. 

He took me home after that and left for his own after kissing my forehead and wishing me good night.