45. Mothers' planning

Adithya

After our training session, which mostly included warmup and a few defense moves, Prisha gave up and fell to the ground faking tiredness. I knew it was fake because I saw her jogging around the park 5 rounds every day. There is no way this little warm-up will tire her.  But I let it pass and slid beside her.

Her hands immediately wrapped around my bicep as she rested her head on my shoulder. Her hair was sticking to her forehead and neck due to sweat, a few drops of sweat laid on her forehead, neck, and upper lip. 

My eyes followed the path of a tiny sweat drop that fell from her forehead and trailed down her nose, dropping onto her body, and disappearing into her top making me gulp at the little bit of cleavage visible, shining with the sweat drops. I turned away and took a deep breath to compose myself before turning back to her face.

She looked up at me with those innocent eyes that make me forget all my worries. Those eyes, very expressive and filled with love always make me wonder what wonderful deed did I commit in my past life for god to send this angel into my life.

A growl from her stomach broke my trance while she turned her face away in embarrassment. I chuckled at her cuteness and turned her face to me before pecking her forehead. I rose from my place and forwarded my hand to her which she took and stood erect.

"Let us feed my little rabbit. Do you prefer raw carrots or cooked breakfast, Rabbit?" I asked with a teasing smile dancing on my lips at which she threw an angry glare at me making me act scared. That only seemed to intensify her anger.

"You..." 

"You want to eat me? I don't have a problem but our families might have," I cut her in the middle. She frowned at me clueless but once she understood what I meant, her face turned red competing with tomatoes. 

She started throwing punches at me making me chuckle as I blocked her punches with my hands shielding my chest and face. She huffed annoyedly after a few more punches and snuggled into me when I opened my arms for her.

"Let's go," I took her out of the training room. As we were about to cross my parents' room, we heard all the women giggling from inside. I was about to pass the room but My Rabbit, who happened to have other plans held my wrist and pushed me to the corner with her standing in front of me. 

Her entire concentration was on spying and she did not realize how close she was standing to me making it extremely hard for me to control myself with her intoxicating body scent mixed with sweat making my thoughts run wild and her body touching me delicately making it more hard for me to control my thoughts. 

In a desperate attempt to control myself from kissing her or maybe going beyond that against the same wall I was being pressed to, I tried to divert my concentration toward the conversation going on inside the room.

"Why are we spying on the ladies, exactly?" I asked as the ladies inside were just giggling for the past 52 seconds without any words. 

"I doubt they know about us and are going to plan something," She replied looking back at me for a brief moment before diverting her concentration back to the corridors checking if someone was coming our way. 

"I am telling you, it was very hard for me to convince that devil daughter of mine to come to the trip, yet she denied it," We heard Aunty say. I laughed at the name she gave to Prisha but my laugh froze the moment my Rabbit glared at me like an annoyed kid.

"Thank God, Adhi too rejected. Otherwise, our plan would have failed," My mother exclaimed way too dramatically. But why did they want us to go on a trip in the first place? I looked at Prisha who was already looking at me, equally confused.

"Why were you both so adamant on setting them both together, Mumma?" Bhabi asked. Did they want to set us up with each other?

"Because we wanted to become relatives. Both of us didn't have an elder brother so we couldn't marry each other's brother. So, we thought of getting our kids married. We were so excited when we came to know we both got pregnant around the same time," Maa started.

"When she had Advith, we hoped for me to have a baby girl but in 2 months I had Dheeraj. Then after two years I again got pregnant and Adhi was born. When your Aunty did not conceive again, I hoped for my son to turn out gay and lure Advith," At this point, Prisha was laughing holding her stomach with one hand while the other cupped her mouth not letting out any sound. Even my famous angry DCP glare couldn't stop her as she laughed with her head falling back with her hand now clutching my shoulder. Mothers will always have the best ways to embarrass their kids! My mother seriously wanted me to turn out to be gay so that she could become a relative with her best friend.

"Laugh for another minute and I will kiss you until you can't breathe," I warned her in a whisper and she tried to pull herself together and sobered up in a few seconds.

"But then she got pregnant again and Prisha was born. She was such a little angel. I fell for my daughter-in-law the day she was born." Love and admiration were clear in her voice even though we couldn't see her. Prisha turned a little emotional and I immediately wrapped my hands around her pulling her into a hug. She wrapped her hands around me and kissed my chest before whispering,

"I saved you from being forced to change your sexuality, Adhi," Her remark made my ears turn red in embarrassment. She is never going to let it go. 

"Now that you feel so, should I give a display of what you have saved for yourself, Rabbit," I nibbled on her earlobe as my hands skillfully moved on her sides, my touches delicate as I gripped her waist and made her stand on my feet. 

"Aa...Adhi," She stuttered lowering her gaze. I held her chin and made her look straight into my eyes. Her breaths quickened as she gripped the tee over my shoulder, and her lips parted in anticipation. I rubbed my thumb over her lip before pulling her lower lip with my thumb and index fingers and biting it slightly.

"Never talk about this," I requested and she complied nodding her head. 

"Then why didn't you both let them grow up together, Aunty? They would have made such a cute pair from childhood. The childhood sweethearts!" Her bhabi exclaimed with excitement evident in her tone.

"Those two donkeys fought every time they came face to face. And do you know what they fought for?" Aunty asked and we both looked at each other confused. We fought for something in childhood?

"What?" Both the bhabis asked excitedly.

"He was adamant about kissing her chubby cheeks every time but she used to pull his hair," Mumma said making me look at her with accusing eyes. 

"What?" She looked at me confused.

"You would have made me bald at a young age only, Rabbit. And what wrong did I do by wanting to kiss you?" I asked pecking her multiple times. She started to giggle as my mustache started to tickle her cheeks.

"What was the problem with that?" Bhabi asked after they were done laughing.

"There was no problem with that but we didn't want Adi to beat the boys who played with her out of possessiveness like he did to one of her friends. That would have made her hate him or their relationship would have turned controlling. So we thought to keep them away until they become mature enough," Aunty explained. I used to thrash boys for her? 

"Not bad, Mr. Possessive. I am proud of you," Prisha teased and I bit my inner cheek to control myself from blushing. 

"But both of them got too invested in their dreams and we didn't want to disturb them. So, we bought them in front of each other when they were both ready for it," Mumma added. 

"But destiny made us meet and fall for each other even before they started executing their plans," I heard her say more to herself than to me.

"You were born to save me, remember?" I teased tucking a hair strand behind her ear at which she hid herself in my chest blushing like a rose. My little rose!