25. I am coming, Prisha!

Aditya

Prisha walked out from there and never came back. I sat there waiting for her to come back but she didn't. I dozed off on the couch waiting for her. Maa woke up the next morning and asked me to freshen up. 

I went to my room and tried to peek into her room but the curtains were closed much to my dismay. I will talk to her after breakfast. With those thoughts, I freshened up and went down to have my breakfast. I had my breakfast and was about to go to Prisha when Nihal called me and asked me to meet DGP sir. I went to his office reluctantly.

There we discussed our plan to arrest those drug dealers and arrest the minister with all the proof. The future King of Rajasthan is very serious about this matter and talked to the central home minister beforehand. I heard he is the husband of our Isha. Our cute and lovely junior. She is like a sister to us.

"We are going to meet her after almost 3 years, right?" Nihal asked once we were out of sir's cabin. We three share a great bond. It feels like yesterday when our friends tried to rag her but she was quite smart and they ended up getting ragged by her. From then on we four share a good friendship i.e., me, Nihal, Isha, and Shreya. Nihal has a great crush on Shreya but he would never accept it. This idiot!

As if you are not a jerk who is pushing Prisha away! 

My concise mocked me making me shut up. I did want to push her away and I tried to do so too. But not anymore. I like her and I am going to pursue her.

"Yeah! She is already married and is going to be the queen of Rajasthan. I want to buy some gifts for her as we missed her wedding due to that mission." I said and he too nodded in affirmation. I tried to call Prisha many times but it said either switched off or she didn't answer my calls. We bought gifts for Isha and went home.

When I asked Aunty her whereabouts she said Prisha left for Jodhpur in the afternoon. I went back home and jumped on my bed.

"I have to explain it to you face to face, I guess!" I thought to myself and let sleep engulf me. The next morning I and Nihal took the first flight to Jodhpur. Abhinav Ji sent his little brother Abir to receive us.

"I hope you are not much grumpy due to waking up early!" He spoke once we settled in the car.

"No, we are fine!" Nihal replied and he nodded before pulling onto the driveway. We reached the Palace in 30 minutes and the beauty of the palace left me awestruck. The gardens, the grand halls, the vibrant walls, and the mesmerizing decors, everything about this palace screens royalty but it feels welcoming and homely.

"Bhabi maa!" Abir squealed like a kid breaking my trance. We followed him to the sitting area where 3 young ladies were sitting and discussing something. One of them turned around hearing him and it was none other than Isha. I pulled Nihal and hid behind the bushes to see what she would do. 

"Abir? Where did you go early in the morning?" She asked passing him a cup of coffee. He sat there and started whining and complaining like a kid.

"Bhabi maa, you know Abhinav bhai sa asked me to go to the airport in the early morning to pick up his friends. He said Abhishek bhai sa must be tired speaking to bhabi sa whole night so, I should pick them up." He said the last line looking at the girl who was blushing profusely. She must be Abhisheks' fiancee. But who is Abhishek? I have never met him before.

"Aww, my cute baby!" She said pulling his cheeks and making him huff and others laugh. She then passed him laddo which he took happily and started munching on it.

"By the way, where are the guests, Abir?" she asked looking around. She didn't change a bit. the same cuteness and the same beauty. The same innocence. But, don't get fooled by her innocence. This girl is dangerous at times.

"Here, madam!" Nihal exclaimed pulling me out of the bushes. She gasped looking at us and gave us a wide smile. Soon, Nihal pulled her into a friendly hug and once they broke the hug, we both shared a hug. 

"I didn't know you guys were coming!" She exclaimed happily while the other three were looking at us expectantly maybe waiting for an explanation as to why Isha is close to her husband's friends whom none of them knew till now.

"We thought of surprising you." Nihal chirped and she nodded smiling. She looked towards her family and hit her head clicking her tongue.

"Sorry! I was very happy to meet them and forgot to introduce you all." She said and introduced us to her brother-in-law, who picked us up from the airport, her sister-in-law Abhigya and Abhisheks' fiancee Priya. 

We were conversing about random things sitting on the chairs placed on the lawn when Abhinav Ji walked in and stood beside Isha. He cleared his throat and she looked up at him and moved a little giving him space to sit. He sat beside her and wished us formally. We did the same.

"How and when did you people become friends?" Isha asked raising a brow at us as if challenging us to lie. She knows about our profession and I don't think Abhinav hides things from her either. There is no point in hiding it from her given the fact that I have known her since she was 7. She joined our school and I was 12 at that time. She was very bold to rag back the boys who were nearly double her age at that young age. It was her boldness that made me admire her and the fact that I had no sisters made me think of her as my sister and I took care of her like one. I know her life pretty well. Except for the marriage thing because she refused to tell us his name unless we came and attended her wedding. I mouthed her a later and she nodded. Her husband looked at her then at me and fisted his hands. 

Is he jealous by any chance?

Then I saw Prisha coming towards us with a handsome man laughing at something he said. 

What the hell? How can she laugh with someone else?

I don't know about Abhinav but you are jealous for sure! Aren't you?

My concise mocked me making me clench my jaw and look at the people approaching us laughing like they inhaled some N2O.

Who the hell is this man?